Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Glitch...help!

Screenshot-5.jpg

I don't know why all the houses in my town are doing this. I deleted all the new houses I downloaded because I thought that was the problem but nothing changed.

Comments

• Options
    millieebee123millieebee123 Posts: 18
    edited April 2011
    This happened when my sim recently had a baby,and the baby just dissapears and looks like that lol! i dont know why its there! i think maybe its because ive downloaded lots of cc or something? im not sure,sorry! :)
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2011
    ATI graphics card?
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited April 2011
    Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please?

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Thanks,

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited April 2011
    That's weird. Did you have any cheats enabled when you built your lot? I know ConstrainFloorElevation false/off will make lots look like that sometimes. Try going into build mode and turning certain cheats on and off and deleting the parts of the house that look glitchy and rebuilding them. Turn roofs off or delete all roofs, go back to live game, and then go back and reinstall the roofs. Try that and see if that works.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2011
    seannarae - Without getting technical what is happening is some part of the video picture is exceeding the capabilities of the video chip causing corruption in the video ram. I think the resolution of the item is higher then the video chip can process and the shaders don't know how to properly fill. This is what separates a $50 vid card from higher priced cards. If I was trouble shooting this problem the first thing I would try is a better video card.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.