Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 works but not that well. what's wrong? 2 Sets of PC specs...

Hi I purchased the Sims3 when it came out but I had a terrible computer so I went and got a new i5. I'm not as good with technology as I used to be so I am wondering if anyone can tell me if my new computer is good enough. Also I have access to a laptop now and I'd preferably like to install it on there but only if it will run properly. I don't like when the graphics look poor so I hoping these pcs will be good enough. I really appreciate anyone who can answer this question for me. Thanks so much!!!

Ok the new desktop pc specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Acer Aspire M5811
Memory 6144MB RAM
Processor Intel Core I5 650@ 3.20ghz 4cpu 3.2ghz
Display ATI Radeon HD 4350 Memory 3282 MB

Laptop Pc Specs:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit
Gateway NV53
Memory 4096MB RAM
Processor AMD athlon II dual core m300 2cpu 2.0ghz
Display AMD M880G with ati mobility radeon HD 4200

Hopefully my game can work on one of these PCs!!!

Comments

• Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'd say you have more then enough computer power on both of your computers.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited April 2011
    Both graphics cards are underpowered for the game, and unsupported. The lowest supported 4000 series ATI card is the 4850. The 4350 and 4200 are both well under that unfortunately.
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks everyone. Ok maybe I can at least get the graphics card updated on the desktop computer. I have been running the game on the laptop but just at a lower quality :(
    I made sure to get a desktop that had a seperated video card so I could update it. Hopefully I can find something at a good price!
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited April 2011
    When you upgrade the video card, you will probably have to buy a new power supply. Check what the card manufacturer recommends. Get one at least 100 watts larger.