Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW IDEA!!! Quote Notificator

PopomamoPopomamo Posts: 711 New Member
Since we dont have a notificator to tell us whether someone has quoted us, I think its time for the site to get one of those. I mean Facebook and ever other site that I have visited to that has a forum has a notificator but Sims3 does'nt :(

So please sign this if you think The Sims3 site needs a notificator and please feel free to post any feedback. :idea:

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Inecient bump 8)
  • Options
    brigiethepicklebrigiethepickle Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2011
    I dont even get emails to notify me of a reply. i seem to have had this problem when I was on the sims 2 forum
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2011
    But, like with facebook, you'd get inundated with emails going "someone quoted you!" or "someone replied to someone else's quote who quoted you and forgot to delete your quote!"

So no, I'd rather not have it.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited April 2011
    But, like with facebook, you'd get inundated with emails going "someone quoted you!" or "someone replied to someone else's quote who quoted you and forgot to delete your quote!"

So no, I'd rather not have it.

^ This... :?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I dont even get emails to notify me of a reply. i seem to have had this problem when I was on the sims 2 forum

Well not notify you on email, but on the site.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Because The Sims 3 site never bothered for a notificator :\
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited April 2011
    I can see it now. I'll end up logging into the site one day with 12 Notifications about being quoted. :?
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    that would be a bit annoying.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited April 2011
    That would be the day that I delete my e-mail.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I can see it now. I'll end up logging into the site one day with 12 Notifications about being quoted. :?

Well they can make the notifications less annoying if they wanted
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited April 2011
    Ugh, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with this one. Constant notifications clogging up my email is annoying at the very best. Quoting is very common on the forums, so it's nothing to get excited or "notified" about. I already get half a million emails from EA every day even on the days I don't log onto the website. Not to mention Facebook. God it was horrible when I had Notifications enabled on my iPhone, every 5 seconds ::TEXT MESSAGE ALARM:: and I check my phone ::SOMEONE LIKED YOUR STATUS!!:: Oh God >.<

Oh yeah, and it was even better when it happened at 2 in the morning.

EDIT: and on top of that it would be impossible to do with quotes. Quoting is not directly tied to accounts, because it is completely text based. You can simply click the [ quote] icon and add =Name after it. EX: [ quote=Name]
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited April 2011
    I agree if EA uses messages to let us know but not with email.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2011
    I agree that would be Way too annoying! I already get messages from facebook saying "xg12zsdjj*&^kk))* " wants to be my friend. And best buy stalks me with 3 advertisements a day. I even had to e mail them to tell them to stop it, but it didn't really help.
  • Options
    LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Did you seriously bump after three minutes?

I do like this idea, though.