Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to get excited about Generations, but...

Trailers lie. A lot. That's why they have the "doesn't depict actual gameplay" at the end of trailer videos. I really, really love what I saw but I'm afraid we're going to end up disappointed. Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, they actually put out a disclaimer this time saying that it's not accurate.

If that trailer is not accurate what is there to this EP? Makes one wonder, doesn't it?
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited April 2011
    yep as with most of sims 3 we will all be let down in the end.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    itsEliseyitsElisey Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    Yeah, they actually put out a disclaimer this time saying that it's not accurate.

If that trailer is not accurate what is there to this EP? Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

Yeah, that's my thought too. I don't want to complain; a lot of people on here continually diss EA. Regardless of how you feel about certain things in the game, there literally wouldn't BE a game if it weren't for EA. But, I wish they were a little more upfront and truthful in what is and what isn't in a game, and listen to the people who buy their products more. I'm just hoping I'm not terribly let down with this expansion pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:

I don't want to go so far to say that. I mean, will I be disappointed if the reality doesn't live up to the hype? Of course. But I love the Sims - it's a great reality escape. Would I love certain things to be in the game that they've yet to add, or refuse to add? Sure. EA can't please everyone and I understand that. There are a lot of people on this board that have yet to realize their wants for the game aren't more important than anyone else's. EA has to pick and choose what they're going to add in the game and ultimately EA is a business; they're going to add what they feel is going to make them the most money. Will some of us be angry? Yup. It's like the store; a lot of us HATE that we have to pay for the extras in the store, but many of the same people who rant and rave about it still purchase or use points. EA isn't stupid. They know how to make money. It stinks for us, but that's life.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Alot of it was staged yes, but I'm sure alot of it was accurate in some ways.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Alot of it was staged yes, but I'm sure alot of it was accurate in some ways.

There is a screenshot that they released that it's obviously staged, but I really wish it wasn't. It's the one where they're in "uniforms" in the (what appears to be a library or school, though it's widely debated on whether or not we would have an "open" school), and one thing that I have been wanting since the very beginning is private schools. I'm really hoping that there will in fact be private schools added because that gives a new area of game play.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    Meh...the parts that were staged were quite obvious. I'm still excited.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2011
    I wish they would advertise what is for sale. My money spent on all these games and SP's has NEVER played any tricks in their bank account in more than 10 years. I'd LOVE the same courtesy.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    etrnalsky4uetrnalsky4u Posts: 22 New Member
    edited April 2011
    itsElisey wrote:
    calmorezoo wrote:

I don't want to go so far to say that. I mean, will I be disappointed if the reality doesn't live up to the hype? Of course. But I love the Sims - it's a great reality escape. Would I love certain things to be in the game that they've yet to add, or refuse to add? Sure. EA can't please everyone and I understand that. There are a lot of people on this board that have yet to realize their wants for the game aren't more important than anyone else's. EA has to pick and choose what they're going to add in the game and ultimately EA is a business; they're going to add what they feel is going to make them the most money. Will some of us be angry? Yup. It's like the store; a lot of us HATE that we have to pay for the extras in the store, but many of the same people who rant and rave about it still purchase or use points. EA isn't stupid. They know how to make money. It stinks for us, but that's life.

The only thing that gets to me about Generations is that whats in it dosent look like much theres been atleast 4(counting generations) but the game play dosent seem like alot I dont if were gonna have atleast 8 expansions but I dont want the starting expansions to feel like a waste.
  • Options
    cazg1974cazg1974 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2011
    From what i have seen there is nothing really that exciting about this EP, it seems as though it was a quick one put together, perhaps because they have been more botheredabout the sims 3 for console and the sims 3d, so they thought they had better bring another EP out for us, and this is the result? Possibly a few new interactions, and a few new objects.
    Shame there is still no weather or pets.
    Will have to wait and see as i will buy it, but it will possibly be full of bugs like late night, fingers crossed the next ep has weather or pets lol