Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Disc Authentication Failure"

..or something like that.

Just installed ALL of my BRAND NEW Sims 3 disc's (including EP'S and SP's) on my brand new computer. I had to buy all new ones when I moved and misplaced my originals.

I just finished installing each and every one of them, and now I am having an issue with starting up the game. Originally I though you had to have in the disc of the last EP that you downloaded. When I go to start up the game, it asks me to insert The Sims 3 disc. I do. Try to start up the game again, and it still asks me to insert The Sims 3 disc even though its already in there!

Never had this happen in the 10+ years of playing The Sims, Sims 2, and the Sims 3.

Getting anxious and not sure what to do. Have restarted my computer twice and the same thing keeps occurring. "Insert The Sims 3 Disc" while its already in!!!

Any advice? :(:(:(:(

Comments

• Options
    Colgate37Colgate37 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm having the same problem :(
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

For disc based Sims 3 expansion or stuff packs, the game disc of the most recently released and installed title is always used to launch the game. This applies even if the expansion or stuff packs are installed out of order.

If your latest installed product is Outdoor Living, you will need to use the Outdoor Living DVD disc to start the game with. You can check if the Outdoor Living disc is being detected by Windows by doing the following:

1.) Insert the Outdoor Living disc in the DVD drive
    2.) Click on the Start menu
    3.) Click on Computer or My Computer
    4.) A new window will appear with a list of storage devices
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    Rosey662Rosey662 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi Everybody,
    I originally had the sims 3, and the ambitions expansion installed and I had recently bought the generations expansion and the late night expansion. After installing generations I was had no trouble playing the game no errors appeared and I shut down my computer that night. I got the late night expansion the next day and came home to install it and had no trouble til I tried to run the game. I had the error screen pop up saying Disc Authentication Failure. It asked me to put in the Sims 3 original disc and I did so and it would not read it, it just kept saying Disc Authentication Failure. I have been a loyal sims fan for many years, ever since the original sims came out. So I was quite angry when I couldn't play, and I know many people have had this same issue. I have searched online for the last couple days, hoping to find a way to make everything work. I found different things saying to delete files and to uninstall and reinstall. The best advice I found was to not use the launcher. If you manually open it, the game will open and work. first go to your start menu and open my computer. C: drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > TS3 > Game > Bin, then scroll down.. you can see ''Sims3Launcher''... Thats what keeps screwing up. There is also a file called ''TS3''. It's the game. click it and the game will open and allow you to play. Good luck everybody this should work, my game is running as I'm typing this. :D