Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New house I'm building...

GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
Hey everyone! I posted not too long ago looking for 80's CC for my themed neighborhood (which I still need, btw). I thought I'd show off the new house I'm building in my 80's hood. Obviously, it's a little dated and not so stylish for now, but it fits great in my neighborhood. What do you think, sirs? Feel free to show off what you're building as well.

Living Room:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen and Dining Room:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited March 2011
    That is such a pretty house..Good job.. :D
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited March 2011
    I really like it. It looks like a comfy house :D
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited March 2011
    Love it, it reminds me of a 80's TV show :wink:
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BoXeRbOi56BoXeRbOi56 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2011
    Lovely job. 10/10 :thumbup:
  • Options
    NiteLife4439NiteLife4439 Posts: 450
    edited March 2011
    Aw! I like it, it's cute =)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for all the nice comments! Thought I'd give a couple shots from outside:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited March 2011
    Very nice house! :D

My only suggestion would be, if I were building this house, is I would change the wallpaper in the kitchen (keeping the color scheme though) to break up the kitchen from the livingroom more. But that's up to you. :)
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2011
    It's very cute! I agree with brunettesimgirl on breaking up the wallpaper, and would also recommend that you change the shutters to white. The dark blue is just too dark for me. Great job so far!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I wanted to use a different wallpaper in the kitchen, but since it's all one room, I didn't want two different wallpapers side by side without any break. Would you suggest closing off the kitchen completely with a full wall? Or maybe even a half wall, but then the top would still have two different wallpapers side by side.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't think you should close it off completely, it makes for easier game play open. It makes it more spacious too. How about just a 1/2 wall on each of side?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok, I added a half wall. I'm trying to decide on 3 different wallpapers for the kitchen. Do you guys like any of these or should I pick something else?

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Out of those three I would use the last one, but with a 1/2 wallpaper with the print on the top and wood on the bottom. Make the wood the same color as the counters so it blends in with the counters.

Also I like how you separated the kitchen with the half wall next to the fridge. :)
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited March 2011
    That is great suggestion about the wallpaper in the kitchen. You could try using the same colours tones and then perhaps use a stripped wallpaper with white and blue strips or something. Keep the same colours though. In the 80s flower wallpaper was not that popular. More blues greys whites..wood trim..Yep i am old enough to remember it. Brass was big too.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    How about making the 1/2 walls a slatted wood pattern, then doing the kitchen walls the same as previously, but opposite colors?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I grew up in the 80's too! :mrgreen::lol: I remember my two aunts (it seemed like they both had the same idea) had this ugly wallpaper, one had a wallpaper that was a very light brown with white background. The images were the brown color and they were ships, and the big ship wheels, the other one had the blue and white oriental theme that you see in china-ware a lot. I like the blue and white china-ware, but as a wallpaper? Blech!!!! LMAO

I like the white and blue stripes suggestion. I tried google imaging 80's kitchen wallpaper and came up with either very colorful tiles, or plain white walls. There was a few that had the flowers in it, but I think that was more of the dinningroom than the kitchen. We had the plain white walls in our kitchen. Thank goodness my mom did have the same wallpaper fetish my aunts did. LMAO :lol:

eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited March 2011
    I grew up in the 80's too! :mrgreen::lol: I remember my two aunts (it seemed like they both had the same idea) had this ugly wallpaper, one had a wallpaper that was a very light brown with white background. The images were the brown color and they were ships, and the big ship wheels, the other one had the blue and white oriental theme that you see in china-ware a lot. I like the blue and white china-ware, but as a wallpaper? Blech!!!! LMAO

I like the white and blue stripes suggestion. I tried google imaging 80's kitchen wallpaper and came up with either very colorful tiles, or plain white walls. There was a few that had the flowers in it, but I think that was more of the dinningroom than the kitchen. We had the plain white walls in our kitchen. Thank goodness my mom did have the same wallpaper fetish my aunts did. LMAO :lol:

My house was all white. Even the fridge and stove. We had blue bathroom fixtures. Everything was put away. All in all very clean look but cold. I think your house a lot better then my real one in the 80s.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My childhood home was a 70s ranch with paneling, but it was redecorated in the mid-80s. We had a lot of pink and blue in the kitchen and living room, so I guess that's why I chose this color scheme. Our kitchen had a border in the middle of the wall with little houses on it. The top of the wallpaper had a white background with little pink and blue flowers all over it. I can't remember what the bottom was though, might have been the same as the top. I don't know if the pink and blue stuff was regional to where I lived or what, but there seemed to be a lot of it. I kind of like the idea of using the same wallpaper as the living room, but switching the colors. I might try that.
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2011
    awesome
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    My house was all white. Even the fridge and stove. We had blue bathroom fixtures. Everything was put away. All in all very clean look but cold. I think your house a lot better then my real one in the 80s.

That's the way my bedroom was...all white. Walls, bedframe, comforter, dust ruffle...as I grew up it drove me nuts! LoL
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Did you decide on one a pattern?

The house is wonderfully 80's :)
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2011
    This looks great, just like a real 80's house!

When your done you can bet I'll be downloading and recommending! :mrgreen: