Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Multiple Families

From what I understand from playing Sims 3 for the past 1 month is that it is impossible to play multiple families saved under the same name(Saved slot). This is because the town is "Alive" unlike Sims 2 where the family is freezed when I leave the household to play another family. Story Progression only prevents other families from moving out/ getting married and spawning babies. It DOES NOT freezes time in a particular household when I chose to play another household. Hence, families that are not played currently continue with their lives without making large decisions.

I found out that if you hover your mouse over the time in live mode it will show you the number of weeks and days you have played the game. What is interesting is that this number is exactly the same in ALL household in that town. That is what led me to conclude that the Town is indeed "Alive". :wink:

So, is there anyway to freeze the household just like in the sims 2? Or do I have to save them under different saved slot to have TOTAL control over them? I would like for 2 families to interact without losing control of either one but if this is the unique feature of Sims 3, I will just have to live with it. :(

Comments

• Options
    SimFreak561SimFreak561 Posts: 122 New Member
    edited July 2009
    uh, everything you said is the exact point of story progression and what it does
    if you don't like it and if you want to freeze the household like in the sims 2, in the options menu you can turn story progression off
    but i personally don't see the point of doing so; story progression is the main point of sims 3
  • Options
    TiariTiari Posts: 379 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I believe Awesomemod has an option that allows Sims 2 style gameplay, but with a neighbourhood that still ages. You have to enable it through configuration of a file though.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Learn to let go and let them flourish without you. That's pretty much all you can do.

Then hope story progression doesn't ravage them to kingdom come.

afaik, the story progression off option still doesn't work for some people.
  • Options
    JekaliciousJekalicious Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you want two families to interact, why don't you just move them in,
    remember which house it was, go back to live mode and make your sim
    knock on their door? I mean, that is what I thought you just meant.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Tiari wrote:
    I believe Awesomemod has an option that allows Sims 2 style gameplay, but with a neighbourhood that still ages. You have to enable it through configuration of a file though.

With awesomemod installed, and Sims running, open up the console (ctrlshift-c), enter "ts2aging true". "Allows you to have sims age TS2-style, with only the active household."