Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone explain how the Sim's consignment shop works?

I've never used it, and I ventured my Sim in there the other day, and thought I could a piece of furniture or something, but I guess I was wrong.

Is the consignment shop only for things that have been invented, or created? What about paintings, or other things made by our Sims?

May our Sims buy things in the consignment shop for lesser prices than in the buy catalog?

Comments

• Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Anything your sim can create can be sold there. If you get lucky, the value of the item is much higher.

You can buy some things cheaper there, but you can also be ripped off (paying too much for an item). Sims get a negative moodlet when that happens.
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks CuddlyBun :)
  • Options
    Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited March 2011
    I've also noticed different versions of the music box for sale at the consignment shop...
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited March 2011
    You can also trade different rocks there, I believe. I know they can be bought, but I'm not sure about selling though.

Also, your sims can get discounts if they're a celebrity. So if you're lucky you can snag free stuff from the shop. 8)
  • Options
    Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited March 2011
    rinirae wrote:
    free stuff from the shop. 8)

Sorry, but my mind sort of shut down for a second - that particular phrase is so foreign around here... free stuff from the shop... free stuff... shop... nope sorry, can't seem to wrap my head around that one! :lol: ;-)
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    Nytwng9199 wrote:
    I've also noticed different versions of the music box for sale at the consignment shop...

Yep. I got a ninja one from there :D
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Nytwng9199 wrote:
    rinirae wrote:
    free stuff from the shop. 8)

Sorry, but my mind sort of shut down for a second - that particular phrase is so foreign around here... free stuff from the shop... free stuff... shop... nope sorry, can't seem to wrap my head around that one! :lol: ;-)
    Bit of an oxymoron, isn't it? :lol:
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2011
    I hardly ever use the consignment shop. Mainly my sim goes there to take the sketches from the drafting table. I prob should try to use it sometime though. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11