Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holding Hands!?

Has Anyone Seen The New Barnacle Bay Cover

5480179119_ce5be5ca2a_o.jpg

Did Anyone See The Couple That Are Holding Hands!!!

Do You Think they Would Include That In Sims 3 Generations?? Or No?

Post You Opinions

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2011
    I would guess it's just staged to make the product look better.
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2011
    It's staged. They do a lot of things in the photos that you can't actually do in-game.

Besides, hand-holding and walking at the same time would be too difficult, I should think. It would require your two Sims to stay connected. There's doorways to consider, and the stretching it would do to a Sim's arm. I know all about the stretching because I've played around with moving Sims while they were hugging. It can look pretty freaky.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    dreamerz13 wrote:

Agreed, like on the cover of outdoor living there is a couple; she has her head on his shoulder - you can't do that in the game. But they might add it in with the new EP.

Another thing which is staged in the parrot on the female pirates shoulder. Wish we had those..
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2011
    Does all of this not constitute False or Misleading Advertising under the Consumer Guarantees Act? (Sorry, that's the NZ name for it...) I may have to investigate........ ;)
  • Options
    22SimGirl2222SimGirl22 Posts: 209
    edited February 2011
    where do you buy barnicale bay? is it in stores or only online? what does it add?
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited February 2011
    dreamerz13 wrote:

Agreed, like on the cover of outdoor living there is a couple; she has her head on his shoulder - you can't do that in the game. But they might add it in with the new EP.

Another thing which is staged in the parrot on the female pirates shoulder. Wish we had those..

Actually, you CAN do the head on the shoulder thing. Just have them "Cuddle on Sofa" and that is what they do.

Agreed tho...I wish they wouldn't stage photos or use items not actually included on the cover of EP's and SP's. The parrot, holding hands, the shopping bag on this one. On past covers everything from hair to outfits have been implied but not included.
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2011
    It's staged, like most of the covers.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2011
    It's staged. They do a lot of things in the photos that you can't actually do in-game.

Besides, hand-holding and walking at the same time would be too difficult, I should think. It would require your two Sims to stay connected. There's doorways to consider, and the stretching it would do to a Sim's arm. I know all about the stretching because I've played around with moving Sims while they were hugging. It can look pretty freaky.

EA could do this. Rockstar did it with Bully. Jimmy Hopkins the main character in the game gets to hold hands with his girlfriend Kristy. At one point he they hold hands while walking at a carnival and another he walks her to the dorm while holding hands. Oh and yes EA photoshopped this cover which is ashame. I really want that in the sims 3 so bad. I'm hopeful that generations will add that.
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited March 2011
    See, I was under the impression that it (holding hands, and also chatting while walking) was going to be in the BASE game. I'm quite positive that I read something on Gamespot about Sims being able to do that. But, come Sims 3 release, 'tweren't there.....
  • Options
    Happychic101297Happychic101297 Posts: 1,002 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I believe EA could have hand holding. They can hold hands while walking to the park, etc...
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited March 2011
    false AD its a wonder nobody has sued EA yet.