Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations (EP4) to be announced at EA's Amsterdam Showcase Later Today?

I believe so... Late Night was announced at this sort of event. I'm not sure where people are getting the news that it's been pushed back to Tuesday. I'd expect the announcement and reveal trailer later today, it only makes sense.

Personally, I was hoping for weather or pets, but whatever. I'm sure this EP will be similar to Freetime, which was my favorite Sims 2 EP. I'm guessing this will add objects, interactions, and features for children and family, such as:

-Treehouses (Confirmed)
-Pranks (Confirmed)
-Midlife Crises (Confirmed)
-Short Preteen life state? (Unlikely)
-Instruments for Children (Child Guitars, children can play piano, etc)
-Ice Cream Trucks (They work like food trucks in LN)
-Wills
-Inheritence after death
-Sneaking Out
-Rebel Trait (Resists authority, wants to get tatoos, hates parents/teachers, etc.)
-Car Restoration
-More clothing and objects for children
-More Romantic Interactions
-Soccer Fields
-And more...

This is all speculative, of course.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 2011
    It was suppose to be announced today. But it isn't I don't have any link to thread it said got moved back (that thread got deleted anyway). Since Feb ends on Monday, the next most likely date is on Tuesday. Preteens ARE likely to happen since the Education career from Ambitions have a middle-school teacher as part of the career they are literally teaching an empty classroom/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TheComicScholarTheComicScholar Posts: 221
    edited February 2011
    I've been hoping they would add "middle age". It always seems to me that adult to elder is thirty to sixty.
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited February 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    It was suppose to be announced today. But it isn't I don't have any link to thread it said got moved back (that thread got deleted anyway). Since Feb ends on Monday, the next most likely date is on Tuesday. Preteens ARE likely to happen since the Education career from Ambitions have a middle-school teacher as part of the career they are literally teaching an empty classroom/

Unfortunately this in itself doesn't really mean anything. Not to say it couldn't happen but it's like saying we'll likely get a space EP because the top military job is an astronaught.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited February 2011
    Preteen would be nice, but I doubt that they are going to add the life state, what more could possibly happen, just spend more time being stuck with a curfew and having to do homework. I think it's just a little silly.
  • Options
    SimeanerBeanerSimeanerBeaner Posts: 193
    edited February 2011
    speaking of curfew, there should be an option to change that. at least for teens anyway. not everyone has a curfew.
  • Options
    debbi2qltsdebbi2qlts Posts: 741 Member
    edited February 2011

Wow I wonder when it will be out
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2011
    This sounds more likely (from another thread):
    Bafendo wrote:
    the best reason an announcement of the forth expansion would be delayed until Tuesday is, that EA wants to make it during the Game Developer Conference GDC 2011. that is next week in San Fransisco California.

But the general consensus is that it will be more likely Wednesday or Thursday, rather than Tuesday.

My guess is, sometime in the first week of March we will have confirmation!
  • Options
    LAWRENCE43566LAWRENCE43566 Posts: 298
    edited February 2011
    Its Been Pushed back to 1st of March if thats not true Which i hope it is not till tuesday DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER thank you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If they are specifically doing it at the GDC, Wednesday or Thursday makes more since. The conference officially runs from Wednesday-Friday. Hardly anyone is there for Monday or Tuesday. It's all set up and a handful of pre-conference sessions for those insane enough *cough* to fork out of the giga pass and show up 2 days early.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ugh. I really just want to know what the next EP is right now...

Some people think it won't be announced until after mediviel (however you spell it). I just hope thats not the case.
  • Options
    JennIJillJennIJill Posts: 86 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I dont think it will be put off till after Medieval, because its a stand alone game. Fans of TS3 either want it or they dont. It would kind of be like saying "we wont announce the sims expansion pack until sim city is released"
    But Generations sounds really exciting in the fact that I get bored with my families so easily. It will be nice to bring it back to the family.
    This EP reminds me of the SP from TS2 Family Fun Stuff, where there were a lot of new items and interactions that were added, and if memory serves me Weather was released right after that.
    I feel there is a good chance that weather will be added or next in the fact that there is lightning, Fire fighting in AMB, there are rain and clouds over a random npc building and you have to stop it. Its quite beautiful, and scary. But the programs and codes are still there the only thing left is to add the interaction and activate the code. I hope that weather is included, but if not I can bide my time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    If they are specifically doing it at the GDC, Wednesday or Thursday makes more since. The conference officially runs from Wednesday-Friday. Hardly anyone is there for Monday or Tuesday. It's all set up and a handful of pre-conference sessions for those insane enough *cough* to fork out of the giga pass and show up 2 days early.

I specifically put that under the quote in my post because I saw that you had replied to the other post with this little tidbit. Sorry jaghar, should've credited you for it! :wink:

I don't know why everyone is assuming the announcement will be the 1st. The only semi-official word is that it was going to be the 25th but was pushed back. Logically, the GDC seems the most appropriate time and place for the annnouncement to happen.
  • Options
    sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I don't think adding pre-teens would haveto make their life longer. I always pitured them cutting the 14-day long teen stage into two different stages (preteen and teen) each one being 7 days. So then they would be a child for 7 days, a preteen for 7 days, and a teen for 7 days. Also I think they should get new voices for the teens. The teens sound like adults lol
  • Options
    22SimGirl2222SimGirl22 Posts: 209
    edited February 2011
    I also think that when you go from teen to adult you should be able to modify your sims traits, because in real life people offten "grow up" and become someone totally diffent then who they were as a child, for example, someone who is really bad in school and skips classes and fights and gets in trouble with the police often grow up and change into law abiding people, or someone who had a great childhood always had everything they wanted changes and become crimminal. So many times in the sims 3 when my sim is a kid he likes to paint and be creative but once they grow into teens and adults they could not care about painting, it would be something simple to add to the game with out having to cheat
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2011
    In Spanish EP4 translates to Go Family Wildlife!, so I think it also contains pets.
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited February 2011
    TUESDAY! Tuesday in San Fransisco California USA! Game Developer Conference 2011! EA will be there! that's the best chance for any kind of announcement of Expansion Pack 4! Understand? everyone needs to calm down and relax until then. EA will most likely have a press conference/showcase thing where they will talk Dark Spore, Medieval, 3DS and maybe EP4(Generations). If they do talk about/announce EP4 maybe we will get lucky and they will show the first trailer like they did at that event last year where they announced Late Night and Medieval. Until then we will know nothing more than the very little we know at this time.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    But why Tuesday? If they have THAT much to talk about I think they'd do a keynote address and fill that massive conference hall that sits like a bizillion people. Unless it's a press only thing. The most they'll be able to do on a Tuesday at the GDC is fill a small room and most of the folks who are there at that time will be attending workshops.
  • Options
    TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'll have to make sure I get on the site more often now. I wouldn't completely trust that it will be announced when they say so, or when the rumor has said so. I won't be disappointed if it isn't announced until next week or the week after to tell the truth - I kind of expect this at the moment.

Anyway. The ideas that have been confirmed seem cool and what I am looking for. I'll pay full price if there are good reviews for it and if it's anything like what Free Time in TS2 was because that was my second favorite expansion seeing as it added a lot to the game. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Alright.. with all the talk of the GDC I decided to look it up. EA does have 1 session on Tuesday at 3pm where they might potentially make mention of EP4.

The session is AI Postmortems: Inside Darkspore and The Sims Medieval.

It will be run by 3 programers. One from Sims Studio and two from Maxis.
    This session looks into some of the unique challenges that were faced (and conquered!) in two upcoming titles. Dan Kline and Lauren McHugh show how DARKSPORE managed both scale and code-sharing for more than 100 different enemies and over 100 different powers -- all while making each AI memorable and unique... and accomplishing it all in a short development time! Rez Graham will share how he started with the celebrated THE SIMS 3 codebase and made numerous improvements to fit the new challenges posed by THE SIMS: MEDIEVAL -- including performance issues, the addition of quests, and even life-schedules for key NPCs.

EA is hosting other sessions but they're mainly on non-Sims related topics until Friday where they'll be talking about CAS in TS3, user interface and such. I don't see any special events at all during the week hosted by EA, so if they announce it officially it may be a private press event that's not on the schedule? Or they'll announce it through other channels and for whatever reason don't want it out until next week.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "Rez Graham will share how he started with the celebrated THE SIMS 3 codebase and made numerous improvements to fit the new challenges posed by THE SIMS: MEDIEVAL -- including performance issues"

;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Now if they would apply that to TS3. :P
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2011
    Bafendo wrote:
    TUESDAY! Tuesday in San Fransisco California USA! Game Developer Conference 2011! EA will be there! that's the best chance for any kind of announcement of Expansion Pack 4! Understand? everyone needs to calm down and relax until then. EA will most likely have a press conference/showcase thing where they will talk Dark Spore, Medieval, 3DS and maybe EP4(Generations). If they do talk about/announce EP4 maybe we will get lucky and they will show the first trailer like they did at that event last year where they announced Late Night and Medieval. Until then we will know nothing more than the very little we know at this time.

They release the triler the same time they announce it, why else wait so long? I don't know about WA (since I still played sims 2 on a computer with little space, then I got a new computer, this one) but this happened in Ambitions and Late Night.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Now if they would apply that to TS3. :P

I wish they had made Medieval first, and that had been thwarted with bugs like TS3, then maybe we would've gotten a nice, relatively BIG bug free game. Sounds like they've figured out where TS3 went wrong in the coding of the base game and have learned from their mistakes. :evil:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm assuming that someone at EA wrote that description. I wonder if EA was asked to do this session or if they volunteered?

Really though the only really major TS3 bugs I care about are the travel related ones. Corrupted relationship data and especially the game breakers. Well those are the broken, as of yet to be fixed excavating and being unable to build simbots in Bridgeport.

Then there's the flawed floor plan of the tombs in China and France.. and.. I'm shutting up now. :)