Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error after patch

Unable to Start Game

Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

That's the error message I get. I downloaded the patch this morning and it wouldn't work after that. Any assistance is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    Hi there.

Do you have any mods installed? If so, you'll need to remove them and reinstall, unfortunately.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    RyralaneRyralane Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No mods installed, but I reinstalled the content downloaded from the store.
    Didn't work :\
    Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    Shortie831Shortie831 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having the exact same problem. :evil:
    At first I was having a random shutdown problem and the "sims 3 help people" told me to update my drivers. I did so and now the game when I try and open it is showing the same code. Have you figured out anything to fix it? :!:
  • Options
    maemae85maemae85 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the same issue....I took off the uncensored patch because the patch wouldn't even install past 77%, so I removed that, re-did this new patch, everything was fine, and now I'm getting that message and can't even play my game!!
  • Options
    Shortie831Shortie831 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It just really sucks because I havent played in a few days and a found out a few new cool things that you can do involving fishing and now all I can think about is playing.
    I sent them an email in the help section and am eagerly waiting response.
    There wasnt anything online that helped eathier.
    There was one that said to delete any downloaded mods and re install the game.
    I really dont want to so im trying to find another way. :(
  • Options
    MissSimCityMissSimCity Posts: 214 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the exact same problem!
    It started yesterday, I don't get it! Up until then it was working just fine!
  • Options
    JFA2794JFA2794 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have the same problem and it was after I installed the patch. I'll try re-installing...

Edit: You could also try lowering your screen's resoulution in the properties tab to match the same one as your Sims 3 resolution for a temporary fix.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    yourlegsgrowyourlegsgrow Posts: 200 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Reinstall and don't download that update. Sorry, that's the only solution I've found. I wish I could download the patch but it took me two reinstallments before I realized that the problem is the patch itself.
  • Options
    ShuangShuShuangShu Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't play mine, which makes me pretty upset D:

At first, while playing, it would crash a couple times...which was really annoying during CAS...

but now, it gets to the loading screen to start the game, and it crashes...

:(
  • Options
    osirisdevosirisdev Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    same thing here, just started doing it today after only having it for two days. great game but really this is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2010
    me too, my father accidently deleted the graphics card program and then we reinstalled it but now it wont work AT ALL...notice how the sims 3 people arnt doing anything to help?!
    does anyone know how to update a driver? im gonna ring a computer guy tomorrow and see if they can help me fix it through the telephone- i'll takes notes if it succeeds and let everyone know ok?
  • Options
    VelyndraVelyndra Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi, I got the same error message.
    I removed a default replacement skintone I had from Aikea Guinea and its working again now with no error messages.
    My guess is even if you dont have a default replacement skintone that its a package file thats the problem.
    I had to restart my system after removing the file for it to work though.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Shyguy15Shyguy15 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I have the same problem after i applied the patch and tried to start game Error message showed up :cry:
  • Options
    AkaneHanaAkaneHana Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Sad Face right guys? I;ve had the same problem, got told to check my graphics card..well it worked before the patch.. hopefully Sims people fix this...I want my game update and able to play...
  • Options
    Madcat17Madcat17 Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    So I have all of my computer systems up to date, My computer meets the requirements of the sims3 and then some... buuuut the game is being realllly ***** lately... and today, it just decided to give me the black screen of death and not even attempt to open... I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it this morning without using any new updates....
  • Options
    britulinabritulina Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I'm having this problem now. It started like a week ago, and I talked to days ago
    for THREE hours with a guy in EA, and nothing helped :(
    Did anyone figure it out? I have the same error code message... same everything.
    PLEASE RESPOND.
    I don't wanna say goodbye to my Sims T_____T
    P.S. RE-INSTALLING DIDN'T WORK.