Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please. Can anyone help me with this?!

i have not been able to download from the exchange in months! right around the time that late night update or something came out. & also everytime i exit out of my Sims 3 launcher, it pops up saying it isnt responding.. and its everytime! it's SUPER frustrating! i dont know if i should take out the game and reinstall it or what?!

Comments

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2011
    Hi!

Have you tried this? I found this in another post. It's about uninstalling and reinstalling the EADM. Not sure if it will help your issue but it can't hurt to do it. :)
    Hi,

First, reboot the computer. It is advised that you run the launcher as an Administrator especially if you are using Vista or Windows 7. Ensure that EADM is running before starting the launcher. If you have not done so already, it is strongly advised that you update the .NET Framework to version 3.5 SP1 which can be done via Windows Update in your Start menu taskbar (use the Custom option). This Windows component is required by the game launcher and EADM to function properly. You can check which version of the Framework you have installed by going into Add or Remove Programs.

If you are running Windows 7, make certain the .NET Framework component is turned on. To do this open the control panel, then open Programs and Features, and then in the left column choose Turn Windows Features On or Off. You will see .NET Framework 3.5.1 displayed – if the corresponding box is not checked, click on the box once to checkmark it.

In the event of a corrupted EADM which is another possibility, you can uninstall it via Add or Remove Programs. Afterwards, it is recommended that you also manually uninstall any EADM remnants to remove the possibility of corrupted program files or registries. Instructions can be found in the following EA Support article:

How do I manually uninstall the EA Download Manager?
    http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of EADM files or registries. If issues persist with manual deletion, it is advised that you boot Windows in Safe Mode before trying again.

Once EADM is completely removed, reboot the computer. The latest version of EADM can be downloaded from the following locations:

North America
    http://na.akamai.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/u/f/eaonline/eadm/eadm-installer.exe

Outside North America
    http://ams.akamai.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/u/f/eaonline/eadm/eadm-installer.exe

Also take note of the following:
    From SimGuruBrent:

Adobe Air is now used as a component of EA Download Manager in order for it to function properly. It is highly recommended to install it when installing/upgrading EA Download Manager.

The following may also be of help:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:
    Let's try this, also:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key and R, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.
    2. Click on Startup.
    3. Select disable All.
    4. Click on Services.
    5. Check the box that says Hide All Microsoft Services, then Disable All.
    6. Apply, then restart your system.

-Big Guy-

Doing this will eliminate most of what might be interfering with the launcher running properly on a software level. After you are done playing the game repeat the above procedure, this time using the Enable All buttons to turn services and startup items back on.

As a last resort, a manual uninstall can be done to remove the possibility of corrupted files or registries:

How do I manually uninstall The Sims 3?
    http://easims.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45

Please note that you may require Administrative access to perform the manual deletion of game files or registries. If issues persist with manual deletion, it is advised that you boot Windows in Safe Mode before trying again.

In addition, delete all files and folders located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, though you may wish to back up your Downloads and Saves folder to a safe location first.
  • Options
    LeahxRIx8LeahxRIx8 Posts: 445 Member
    edited February 2011
    Below "Add to game" is another green link that says "save file". Save the file to your desktop then click it. It opens up the launcher to install. That's what I had to do when I had issues with d/ling here myself.
  • Options
    dazzlingcountry16dazzlingcountry16 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited February 2011
    thanks! :) i'll try what you both said and hopefully it will work.