Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy to use? Want to download...

So my question is, is the create a world easy to use?

I really want to download it, but only if it's easy to use. I'd love to make my own town for my sims.

Dee xx

Comments

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 2011
    To be honest, No.

Once all your hair is gone from pulling it out, you might have gotten the hang of it, or else you've just ripped out your hair in frustration.

No one is "good" at the start, everyone improves as they go on. All you need is Patience :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It takes lots of practice and lots of patience. As you can tell by the fact that people on this forum spend months and months working on one world. At the end of it, I'd say it's worth it.

You could always give it a shot. It's addictive once you get into it!
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It takes practice and patience. It's quite tricky but the fruits of your labour will be ripe and tasty! (I forgot the end of that expression...)

I have no patience, so it just sits there on my desktop. Chillin'.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited January 2011
    You could always start with one of the "lite" worlds, it essentially has the terrain, water and routing done for you.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited January 2011
    Like the others said, it takes a lot of practice and patience, but it's still worth giving it a try. I wanted to give up on it many times, but I worked through it all and finally figured things out, and I'm glad I did. Now I love it.

The tutorial thread stickied at the top of the page is very helpful, don't be shy about asking questions in it.

I also recommend watching these two videos to start with. Good basic demo of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30LHh4uOtw&feature=related

And a good tutorial on roads-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccwu6A6aan8&feature=related
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited January 2011
    Its kind of like learning to drive a clutch. Frustrating and frightening at first, but with a little practice, its like second-nature. ;)
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited January 2011
    I suggest reading all of the docs and tutorials you can find and starting with the smallest world size (much faster). Then just practice and experiment, and if you like how it goes, start making a "real" world.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    xxDeannexxxxDeannexx Posts: 44
    edited January 2011
    Thanks guys for the advice.

I think I will download it and give it a try.

Dee x
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thetford:

Where are the lite worlds? I can't find one which has the terrain etc already there, they're all blank ones jsut except rivers or beaches.

x
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited January 2011
    xxDeannexx, in CAW, under File> Open World, scroll down a bit and you should see Sunset Valley Lite World and Riverview Lite World.
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited January 2011
    You have to 'open' the lite worlds, instead of starting a new one.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Aha!!!!

Found it! Thanks!

I did start my own little world earlier, just trying to figure things out at the min, just can't seem to click the roads together properly! Always seem to have little bits of green grass inbetween the joins! lol! Might be easier starting with one of the lite worlds forst until I get used to things!

Dee x
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited January 2011
    If you make sure to connect your roads at the center lines they should snap together without any gaps. Use the grid tool to help make sure they're lined up, too.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks.

I'm probably gonna give it another try later today so will see if I can manage the roads lol!

Dee xx
  • Options
    roxsroxs Posts: 505 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Don't give up, it can be trying, but it's worth it. It will get so easy you can just click on one, and they will snap together :)I get hours and hours of enjoyment out of CAW. I say it's practice, I just hardly ever finish anything. (They tell me it's a female thing)
  • Options
    roxsroxs Posts: 505 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Don't give up, it can be trying, but it's worth it. It will get so easy you can just click on one, and they will snap together :)I get hours and hours of enjoyment out of CAW. I say it's practice, I just hardly ever finish anything. (They tell me it's a female thing)