Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

martial arts skill

how do you get your sim to learn the martial arts skill?

Comments

• Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Go to China, go to the dojo thing, hit a stick and break some blocks. There should be a training ground out round the back of the dojo thing.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I don't have the game and I have been getting my info from watching videos on YouTube. :D
  • Options
    madstitcher101madstitcher101 Posts: 685 Member
    edited January 2011
    JewelsRule wrote:
    Go to China, go to the dojo thing, hit a stick and break some blocks. There should be a training ground out round the back of the dojo thing.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I don't have the game and I have been getting my info from watching videos on YouTube. :D

You have been more helpful than you think. Thanks :D:D
  • Options
    PLSTRONGPLSTRONG Posts: 249 Member
    edited January 2011
    Buy the book, you can get it from the consignment store if you have ambitions, though you have to keep checking each day, it takes you to the first three levels or go to China, you can either buy the book from the book store or else go to the academy where they have the equipment, you start off with the training dummy, then once you get to a certain level you can smash blocks and spar with people. Once you get to level 5 or 6 you can meditate
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I just buy the training dummy and board breaker from the general store in China. That way I can train any time on my home lot. :wink:
  • Options
    Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited January 2011
    Uronka wrote:
    I just buy the training dummy and board breaker from the general store in China. That way I can train any time on my home lot. :wink:

This.

Actually all responses were good. And any or all of those methods will work. When I play the sims 3, my disciplined sim uses all three methods - the board breaker or the training dummy, the books (I bought all three of them at the foreign book store when I had him visit Shang Simla:1st one covers levels 1-3, 2nd one covers levels 4-6, etc) and when he travels to Shang Simla I have him visit the gym and train there or have him challenge another sim to a match, which also raises his skill level. Keeps it interesting for both of us :wink:
  • Options
    SophieeSimSophieeSim Posts: 336 Member
    edited January 2011
    Or you type
    Ctrl + Shift + C
    testingcheatsenabled true
    buydebug

Then go in to the "?" tab in Buy mode and buy your own board breaker and dummy without the hassle of travelling to Shang Simla!
  • Options
    BiancaMareeByrneBiancaMareeByrne Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    to get the martial arts skill you must go to japan either take a class or just go to the gym!
  • Options
    jellydoughnut97jellydoughnut97 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Nytwng9199 wrote:
    Uronka wrote:

This.

Actually all responses were good. And any or all of those methods will work. When I play the sims 3, my disciplined sim uses all three methods - the board breaker or the training dummy, the books (I bought all three of them at the foreign book store when I had him visit Shang Simla:1st one covers levels 1-3, 2nd one covers levels 4-6, etc) and when he travels to Shang Simla I have him visit the gym and train there or have him challenge another sim to a match, which also raises his skill level. Keeps it interesting for both of us :wink:

So if I'm reading right, there's three books for the martial arts?
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2011

So if I'm reading right, there's three books for the martial arts?

I've only ever found 1 book, which is for levels 1-3.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited August 2011
    theres only one book
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited August 2011

Just go into BuyDebug and buy the dummy :lol::lol:

Before that i used to do it the normal way though
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2011
    There's only 1 book and it covers levels 1-3. I don't buy it because sims train really fast on the first 3 levels.

I just go into buydebug and place the board breaker and training dummy in my town's gym and, maybe, in a small park. That way my entire town gets to enjoy and learn martial arts.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Sugarshoes9ccSugarshoes9cc Posts: 1,562 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Just go on 'buy de-bug' and buy the training dummy (;
  • Options
    familylover18familylover18 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    OK, how do you do that because I tried testingcheatsenabled true buydebug but the little question mark wouldn't come up!
  • Options
    familylover18familylover18 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    @ SophieeSim i tried that, did not work