Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite profession?

I just got Ambitions for Christmas yesterday and was wondering what everybody's favorite profession was and why. I haven't got to try out all the new ones yet..so far I've only tried out private investigator and that one is pretty fun. :D

Comments

• Options
    andie6061andie6061 Posts: 5,438 New Member
    edited December 2010
    self employment is by far the best! :thumbup:
  • Options
    GardeniaBloomGardeniaBloom Posts: 411 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Self employed and architechtual designer.
    I get bored quickly, by the other ones.
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited December 2010
    i just got it yesterday too and havent tried it but im very interested in the architectual and the stylist professions.
  • Options
    Iamdivinity2010Iamdivinity2010 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I like the stylist and private investigator professions :)
  • Options
    azspdoguyazspdoguy Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2011
    Investigator because it is completely open work hours and the cases are a lot of fun, as are some of the other perks that come with the investigator.

The self employment careers are good too, like Painting or Sculpture.
  • Options
    sims3abbysims3abby Posts: 69 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I Love love LOVE Ghost Hunting!
    My sim is level 10 in the job, and collecting spirits has helped him earn tons of moolah.(;

Also, I made a special room in his basement to keep spirits and show off his awards.
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2011
    i like stylist profession
  • Options
    princess1616princess1616 Posts: 242 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I just bought the game yesterday but my Favortie profession right now is Ghost Hunting :D
  • Options
    brownsrockbrownsrock Posts: 424 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Investigator was easily my favorite. But it's open ended with the hours which is what kills me because I never worked like you should and the bills couldn't be paid and I got crap repoed before i got him a part-time job where he had to go to work or get fired which I can't stand.

I like doing Ghost Busters along with any other profession so that when I'm doing 2 sims it's easy to control the other Sims because they're both noton the job at the same time.
  • Options
    cherubcheekdcherubcheekd Posts: 23
    edited January 2011
    My favorite is definitely the Ghost Hunter profession, just because it's different and I like how the Sims has always given adequate attention to the supernatural. ;) It just adds a fun element of game play. Plus most of the duties my Sims have as ghost hunters are performed autonomously, unlike other professions where I have to actively make decisions for them, lol. That's why I made my Stylist Sim change jobs... the constant make-overs got really annoying after a while.

Investigator comes in a close second!
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The ghost hunter profession is ok, but it always gets glitched for me so I don't do it often. And I do like the investigator profession a lot, but it's very work intensive and doesn't fit well with a big family. I haven't really spent a lot if time doing most of the others.

But my favorite, above all, is the firefighter profession. It's good money and has normal business hours so you're working while most of your family is at work/school. And the pension has always been awesome!
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited January 2011
    My favorite is by FAR Investigator! That and Firefighter is the only career you can really do a lot with. With Stylist you have to wait till someone asks you to give them a makeover to get you portfolio working!
  • Options
    estaticaestatica Posts: 49
    edited January 2011
    To be honest I haven't tried them all yet, but I LOVED the investigator career. Watching sims going trhough garbage looking for clues always cracks me up :P
  • Options
    bjjrockstarbjjrockstar Posts: 589
    edited January 2011
    I love the firefighter career, it's always fun. These make sure you save you houses that you build or else it might burn down.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/277046.page
  • Options
    LlamaNachoLlamaNacho Posts: 209 New Member
    edited January 2011
    firefighter ftw!!!!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have only tried firefighter. I think I will try ghostbuster next.

For those who are having money problems because the professions don't pay much to start off with: I shamelessly use the freeRealEstate cheat to move my Sims into their home so that they start out with their starting capital. That way, I don't have to worry about them not having enough money.

If you think that's too cheat-y, then try giving them a "kaching" every once in a while. I always pretend it's a loan from the parents.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    TheOregonRegentTheOregonRegent Posts: 2,160 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Best career in the game is Thief. if you are apprehensive to believe this I would gladly tell you why.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2011
    Firefighter and Ghost Hunter. I thought Ambitions was a little disappointing though...
    44444.gif
  • Options
    Stefano12Stefano12 Posts: 463 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Firefighter and the Self-employment careers *o*. I got lv. 10 on Angler Career.
  • Options
    Gablob2306Gablob2306 Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have only tried a few ambitions careers; author, firefighter, stylist but my favourite is ghost hunter. I like the idea of being a ghost buster.
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited January 2011
    Self employed painter definitely! The pictures are nice to decorate the house with and the money is really good when once you get to a high level of the painting skill :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    cherubcheekdcherubcheekd Posts: 23
    edited January 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I have only tried firefighter. I think I will try ghostbuster next.

For those who are having money problems because the professions don't pay much to start off with: I shamelessly use the freeRealEstate cheat to move my Sims into their home so that they start out with their starting capital. That way, I don't have to worry about them not having enough money.

If you think that's too cheat-y, then try giving them a "kaching" every once in a while. I always pretend it's a loan from the parents.

LOL. I always cheat. I like my sims to have nice things because I don't, haha.

The self-employment option is great. I had one sim who was a really successful author, and she made enough to support her wife and daughter just fine. Some are more lucrative than others... self-employed gardener didn't work out so well. :P
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2011
    Ghost Hunting, you can create sims with it. (8 spirits of same kind, irreversible transfiguration on extra large display from WA, make ghost playable, feed ghost ambrosia)
  • Options
    KyrochuKyrochu Posts: 215
    edited January 2011
    Self-employed is mine. Though the sculpting one put me in a weird spot. I also have late night, and I got mixed up with the vampire Rackets and Dennis turned me. I thanked him by stealing his daughter. I took the Racket wealth along with her and yet the family still gets along better with me then they do each other. Meanwhile Lolly is obsessed with having kids. I had a son, twin daughters, and another son so far. She still wants more. And Lolly herself is the only human in he family. She doesn't want to be turned, but I might do it anyway, she's not leaving me with all these kids just because her lifespan is short. So now Lolly works at the hospital and leaves almost every day(other then when she's prag) leaving all the vampire toddlers to me. I even got a butler, but all he does is pass out all over the place.