Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I never knew I had it in me!

I had an elderly sim who I wanted to be rid off to make less work for me but was prepared to wait until old age took her. She had only aged up about 4 days previously so I still had quite a wait. The hot tub broke and she rolled a wish to fix it. I knew she had only a couple of handiness skill points but saw my opportunity and had her try to fix it. Of course she got zapped. Instead of letting her stop and shower, I made her try again straight away. Well, she's now history. This is my first family death by electrocution. I've only ever had death by old age because I coddle all of my sims. It seems I must now reassess my self-image of being a nurturing, motherly/grandmotherly type :wink:

Comments

• Options
    andie6061andie6061 Posts: 5,438 New Member
    edited January 2011
    lol, this just cracked me up :D
    I realized not too long ago that, if you get shocked once-- don't do it again right after :lol: I never knew you would die, lol. Well, I guess practice makes perfect :D
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited January 2011
    You know,if you don't want to look after him just turn free will on high,I have it on automatic anyway so if theres an old age sim you don't want to bother with,just leave hi mto do w/e,he will keep alive to till he dies and that retirement money sure is great or the money from his job.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    I didn't know the hottubs broke.
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited January 2011
    MUAHAHAHAHAAA! I'm very proud of you for killing your first sim the proper way. Old age is for weaklings. :wink:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to start taking advantage of electronics breaking and kill some sims out. I still wish I could have sims die from meteors thou. It hasn't happend yet.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2011
    I just saved the game, so it's a done deal now. I'm feeling a little ashamed (but only a teensy bit). Now her widower hubby (the very cute Mortimer Goth - with new eyebrows) is free to marry her daughter from a previous relationship (at least once the mourning period is over).
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited January 2011
    *makes notes in Members Psychological Profiles*

I deliberately drownd a sim once. He had served his purpose and had gotten on my nerves.

One died by fire, but had a death flower and was saved :XD:

Recently I did have an electrocution :evil:

I guess I coddle too much as well :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited January 2011
    I did a similar thing once. I didn't feel my legacy was dramatic enough, so I had the founder's hubby die in a fire started by a cheap fireplace someone so carelessly left unattended whilst he slept on the couch :twisted:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Now that I have done the dirty deed once, I need to think of creative ways to get rid of my other unwanted sims as they age. I hope my son doesn't get ideas like this just because I am getting old now!
  • Options
    ShaunnaMarieShaunnaMarie Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I have had it happen truly by accident...to my own great grandson. I will warn you all...be careful on the inventing bench without some water to jump into. :shock:
  • Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Bwahaha I love it!

I like letting my sims live out long lives, but I also like killing them in "freak" accidents.

I did make a retirement center to ship my elder sims off to when I was tired of playing them tho. Only the super cool ones got to stay in my active family lol
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    :lol:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited January 2011
    Welcome to the dark side :twisted:
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited January 2011
    Haha, the first of many?

I'm a serial Sim-killer :oops: :lol:

I'm always killing them- meteors, fires, electrocution, the lot! :D

I once killed over 100 Sims in a fire. :shock:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How did you kill over 100 sims in a fire? I've never seen 100 sims in any place ever. What a killing machine you are!
  • Options
    hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Sherio88 wrote:

I did make a retirement center to ship my elder sims off to when I was tired of playing them tho. Only the super cool ones got to stay in my active family lol

A retirement center! What a great Idea! HAHA
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2011
    I feel the same way you do. I hate to let them die.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    GreenappleberryGreenappleberry Posts: 244
    edited January 2011
    Haha nice! I haven't done anything as bad as that, lol, but once I did make my elder move out so my other sims wouldn't be traumatized when she died. They didn't even get a phone call.... O.O;
  • Options
    koalaqueenkoalaqueen Posts: 600
    edited January 2011
    I didn't know the hottubs broke.

Yeah, they do - the water keeps bubbling and it turns an ugly green... :roll:
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited January 2011
    :lol:
    :twisted: I always kill my Sims through starvation or fire when I tire of them. Although I think karma always got me back though as my favourite Sims tended to die of meteorite soon after :(
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'