Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Ambitions any Good?

Ambitions is an expansion pack i have been considering bying for a while. I have read some bad reviews about it and was wondering if it is any good.

Comments

• Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have actually enjoyed what it adds to the game very much.

The non-rabbithole professions can be a challenge if you have a multi-family household, but the self-employment options, the inventing and ghosthunting professions in particular, and the gameplay added make it a fun addition.

• Options
    mEgA32306mEgA32306 Posts: 2,758
    edited December 2010
    Interesting.
    Can you also play normally with the expansion pack, as in not controlling sims work life?
  • Options
    TheOregonRegentTheOregonRegent Posts: 2,160 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Its TEH EPICNESS :D
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited December 2010
    All the rabbithole careers are still there, and there is additionally an education rabbithole career at the school.

Medical Career is a hybrid-mostly rabbithole based career, with occassional opportunities out in the town.

What I usually do is mix-have one household member in a rabbithole career, and the other in a roving career.

Also, the Firefighter career is awesomely epic-but very intense attn is required when the alarm goes off.

• Options
    TheOregonRegentTheOregonRegent Posts: 2,160 New Member
    edited December 2010
    If you haven't seen the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EymC48F6VlM its is 9001% AWESOME

*blink blink* no one? awwww... *sulks away*
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited December 2010
    I personally enjoyed Ambitions as I always wanted to see my sim at work. And although it doesn't allow for seeing into the more traditional careers in the buildings. It allows for new jobs that the sims can do and become self employed (Private Investigator, medical, inventor, etc.) that you can actually see your sim doing and participating in. Which I found totally fun. I also like how such jobs like that had the non-standardized work hours. Name for the P.I. job which is the first open career that one of my sims wanted to get into. I enjoyed the fact that she could sleep in nearly all day and then stake out late at night. Report in whenever she wanted on her findings. Dust for finger prints at any time too. She actually had much more of a life that way than when she was originally in the journalism career.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for all the opinions, i think i will buy the ambitions expansion pack, it's sounds quite good.
  • Options
    britdawbritdaw Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I think Ambitions is awesome! I love being able to do jobs like Interior Designer or Stylist, 'cause you get to do some of my favorite things in the game as a job: decorating/building houses and giving Sims makeovers. :D
  • Options
    hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I would like to add to what everyone said, I really like how some skills you can be "self-employed" with, like writing, makes things more realistic!
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I love ambitions! I think it's been the best EP so far.
    I love what it adds to the game, considering you have jobs that you can do at home such as the inventor/artist career.
    I personally like the stylist career as I can make my town look good. :) x
  • Options
    thisismypersonathisismypersona Posts: 219
    edited December 2010
    I like the stylist profession. I could spend hours at work styling all the sims!
  • Options
    FlowerGirl429FlowerGirl429 Posts: 176
    edited December 2010
    I only could find one downside to Ambitions.

Sometimes you get so involved in one Sim's career that by the time they get home from work, I find the kids have been standing around for 3 hours while their father was fighting a fire. Other than that I think that you would make the right decision buying it.

Happy Simming!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I only could find one downside to Ambitions.

Sometimes you get so involved in one Sim's career that by the time they get home from work, I find the kids have been standing around for 3 hours while their father was fighting a fire. Other than that I think that you would make the right decision buying it.

Happy Simming!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I see your point. Though if that's the only downside then it must be pretty good.
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am so stupid cause I have had the game for ages like months and I have only played 2 careers :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    zanysazy wrote:
    I am so stupid cause I have had the game for ages like months and I have only played 2 careers :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Then you must have enjoyed those 2 careers then! :D And now you can have plenty of fun playing all the other careers!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Ambitions is good! It adds a lot to the game!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ThatAmi wrote:
    Ambitions is good! It adds a lot to the game!

I thought it would add a lot more to the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just ordered Ambitions! Yay! it should arrive some time this week! :mrgreen: