Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Before the Sims 3 was out...

... I read somewhere that you wouldn't have to tell your Sims to eat or go to the toilet in the 'new' Sims game, so that you could concentrate on your Sim life rather than telling them to do simple things all the time.

I don't remember where I read this, but it was a while before the game actually came out. Did anyone else read this somewhere or am I dreaming it? I understand why they didn't put that function into the game, because if my Sims kept doing whatever they felt like all the time it would annoy me. But still, Sims definitely need to be told to go to the toilet!

Comments

• Options
    arielraearielrae Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sims don't usually need to be told to take care of their needs, unless I have them doing a task like "Play chess until logic increases," because they will keep going even when their needs are low.
  • Options
    iFreakdomiFreakdom Posts: 1,208 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You don't like it?
    Go to 'Options'
    And in one of the tabs there should be something to do with it.
  • Options
    blahhhhhhhhblahblahhhhhhhhblah Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hahaha i remember this too.

it was supposed to be an important feature for those who have more than one Sim. But the other day i was playing the Sims and i went to go see the end of a movie my family was watching (leaving my Sim to do what he wanted for a while, thinking he was a big boy) and i came back and he was hungry, needed to use the bathroom, and he hadn't slept in forever and he was going to work in an hour. I was like :?: :!: and every time i leave the computer now i put my game on pause.

don't get me wrong my freewill was at its highest
  • Options
    pinkysimspinkysims Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009

it was supposed to be an important feature for those who have more than one Sim. But the other day i was playing the Sims and i went to go see the end of a movie my family was watching (leaving my Sim to do what he wanted for a while, thinking he was a big boy) and i came back and he was hungry, needed to use the bathroom, and he hadn't slept in forever and he was going to work in an hour. I was like :?: :!: and every time i leave the computer now i put my game on pause.

Yeah I think if you leave them with nothing else to do, they should at least know when they need to pee or eat, and just do it!
  • Options
    blahhhhhhhhblahblahhhhhhhhblah Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    pinkysims wrote:

Yeah I think if you leave them with nothing else to do, they should at least know when they need to pee or eat, and just do it!

I know, right!

I'm afraid that if i leave them alone ill come back to a burning house

:shock:
  • Options
    NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Odd, my free works really well
    If not a bit too well
  • Options
    DesertStormDesertStorm Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    One thing I noticed about my sims is that I have free will on high, so s/he does whatever they need to do for their needs. However, the minute I planted either a TV or computer in their home, they would always, ALWAYS, go straight for that before anything else and sit and watch it until they would be in the reddest stage of any need before finally start to yell at the screen with that little hand motion of "tell me how to feed myself!"

Sigh...
  • Options
    Rosie09214Rosie09214 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nats wrote:
    Odd, my free works really well
    If not a bit too well

Mine, too. It makes me feel like my sims don't even need me anymore :(

I actually love the free will - I think it works so well. Especially with the seamless neighbourhood, because it means I don't ahvw to constantly flick from town to home.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    pinkysims wrote:
    ... I read somewhere that you wouldn't have to tell your Sims to eat or go to the toilet in the 'new' Sims game, so that you could concentrate on your Sim life rather than telling them to do simple things all the time.

I don't remember where I read this, but it was a while before the game actually came out. Did anyone else read this somewhere or am I dreaming it? I understand why they didn't put that function into the game, because if my Sims kept doing whatever they felt like all the time it would annoy me. But still, Sims definitely need to be told to go to the toilet!

Yep, I read it...and it is in the game...

Perhaps you are freaking out too soon and making them do things before they really have to. There's no reason to use the bathroom until you get the negative moodlet that means you really have to go, for example. With free will on any setting other than completely off, they will take care of it on their own, just like EA said they would. Possibly you have some bugginess in the scripts running on your machine if it isn't working that way for you? I keep free will in the middle setting so the ONLY free will they show is when they have important immidiate needs, but I've never had them not take care of those.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sims also.

I thought I had paused when I went to dinner but, alas, I had not.
    When I got back the baby was dirty, lonely, and hungry while mom stood there being grumpy cause she needed sleep and a shower...

I always keep freewill on High. :?
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm baffled why my Sims find hunger the least of their worries. They'll literally keep doing what they're doing until I have to intervene and force them to cook dinner sometimes.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2009
    They take care of their own needs in my game. I have a large family of 7 and lots of times I'll chose to just focus on really playing one sim. I can usually count on all the other family members to take care of their basic needs without me having to tell them to do so. I mean, they won't eat or pee RIGHT when they get the moodlet that they are hungry or need to pee, but they will do those things before it is too late.