Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late night butler missing?

I moved to a new house. Then I called to hire my butler. Well he shows up but the car that drops him off gets stuck out front and he comes in for a few hours and then gets in another car and leaves. I have tried several times and same thing happens. I want my Butler back. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    MacFitteMacFitte Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem. It's really a shame cus it's sooo awsome to have an other person working in your home, just to please your sims ^^
  • Options
    AyealisKomoriAyealisKomori Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the same exact problem! It's really annoying :<
  • Options
    missysteelmissysteel Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    I am having this issue too
  • Options
    Cher123825Cher123825 Posts: 238 Member
    edited November 2010
    Mine disappeared in one of my houses too. I and tried to hire another and it said I had to fire him first. How can you fire him if he isn't there? I didn't realize at first that they only stay a week. I thought they were disappearing then too.

• Options
    CitrusmoonCitrusmoon Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm not too familiar with the cheat code, but has anyone tried resetting the sim?
    It's usually Alt+Shift+C to get the command window up, then type resetSim [name lastname]. If this doesn't work, perhaps you could try "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the " " ) and shift click the npc?
    自分のアバター作ってみたにょ。難しいにょ!シムズ楽しすぎにょ!
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit / ASUS Maximus VII / Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz / Cosair Vengeance 16GB RAM / NVidia GeForce GTX 980 SLi / Samsung SSD 840 PRO HDD
  • Options
    rubyturubytu Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Citrusmoon wrote:
    I'm not too familiar with the cheat code, but has anyone tried resetting the sim?
    It's usually Alt+Shift+C to get the command window up, then type resetSim [name lastname]. If this doesn't work, perhaps you could try "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the " " ) and shift click the npc?

If only I could remember my butler's name! She was only there for a few minutes and then disappeared.

• Options
    bruisedstarrbruisedstarr Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have the same problem. Most of the time my butler is either Bertram or Camilla Fortescue. I've tried the reset sim thing and I just hire them again but doesn't work for me though.
  • Options
    Brianne_BreeBrianne_Bree Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I have the exact same problem... I think we'll have to wait for a patch
  • Options
    KassandraGrahamKassandraGraham Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2010
    its the same for me to! i once hired a butler and i got bertman and he stayed for like an hour or 2 and then he left!he never came back but his car was still there! :evil: but luckily for me he came back but he went again so when i saw him again i fired him. but i just want a butler that will stay and do his job! :(
  • Options
    Bettyboop0266Bettyboop0266 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    My butler quiana santana and bertram plunkett both show up and leave immediately. I have tried resetting them, and the other cheat code still no solutions I have tried work.
  • Options
    frenzyotakufrenzyotaku Posts: 66
    edited August 2012
    I had something similar to this happen. I had a butler for quite a while, and then one day I realized he wasn't there anymore. My poor sims had no dinner. I tried to call and cancel his services so I could rehire him and it said I had to dismiss him in person, hard to do when you have no idea where he is. I finally found him pretty much living in central park and got to dismiss him. Weird.