Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm trying to be patient but how long will it take for a patch?

I really am trying but every time I load up the game it is unpredictable. Some times I get five minuets of game play before it crashes once I got an hour. Half the time the game runs pretty quickly the other half it is choppy. How long will it take for EA to create a patch for at least some of the problems? Or do you think they will wait until they can release just one for everything? Has anyone heard back from tech support? It has been over 48 hours since I sent them an email and they haven't responded. Has anyone found any good ways to play for longer without the black screen of death (as I am calling it)? Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• Options
    james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2009
    Give them time fixing this amount of bugs people have will take time :( i wish we could get a patch too.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2009
    If it runs good then runs bad sounds like your running out of system resources. S3 has to be a system hog with all the AI in it. Check to see what is running in the background. When my antivirus does its daily check I get hits when I play a dvd. Could be something ******* system resources at times. Audio drivers could be out of date ( maybe ). Does your system play Bioshock ok? Is your audio analog or digital for the drive? Analog requires less overhead but newer systems forgo this thinking the systems are fast enough. You don't list your system so I'm guessing. if it runs good at times, your system may be marginal and only when the AI really gets deep that that the game takes a hit. I can't help but thinking that some thing is choking your system at times. Just a passing thought.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    GoIdieGoIdie Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know I wish they would give us an ETA on the patch...
  • Options
    james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2009
    GoIdie wrote:
    I know I wish they would give us an ETA on the patch...
    I agree with your Goldie, my 3x speed sucks :(