The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prima Guide

I was just thinking about this and have seen others post about it as side comments before, but I have to say that the Prima Guide for The Sims 3 is one of the worst I have ever seen. I can't believe they printed it with so many misspelled words, gramatical errors, incomplete sentences, etc. It makes me wonder how much of the information inside it is correct. I feel like I kind of got ripped off. Sorry, just a short vent, sort of. :x

Comments

• Options
    WizardOfSmozWizardOfSmoz Posts: 4,306 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i didnt buy the guide. come to think of it i never buy the guides. but that sounds bad!
  • Options
    annavanheussannavanheuss Posts: 201 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, it kinda reminded me of a high school report or something. I will say I did like the map and all the info on Sunset Valley but I wish we had some source for Riverview.
  • Options
    NoHioNoHio Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You're right, it is terrible. The previous guides had lots of the same errors too.
  • Options
    transcendentaltreetranscendentaltree Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited June 2009
    Frankly, Prima usually doesn't make good guides. My dad almost always refuses to buy it if it says Prima on it. I did buy the TS3 guide, and it was useful, but there was a lot of misinformation I had to sift through.
  • Options
    Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, this may get me no where, but I think it's important to let Prima know how we feel about their products. Perhaps we'll get better quality in the future. So, I'm sending them an email expressing my thoughts on the guide. I'm including a copy of it below, in case anyone else wants to jump on the bandwagon. :)

feedback@primagames.com

I am writing to offer feedback on The Sims 3 Prima Guide. Unfortunately, I am very unsatisfied with this guide. It contains numerous misspelled words, gramatical errors, incomplete sentences, etc. In fact, it appears that it was published without being proofread at all. Much of the information in the guide is also incorrect. Although I understand that aspects of gameplay change as a game is tested and developed, I have to wonder if this information was checked, given the overall quality of the guide. I feel that the money spent on this guide was, for the most part, a waste. As consumers and avid supporters of The Sims franchise, we certainly deserve a better quality product for our money. I hope you will take this into consideration when publishing future guides.
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree it didn't even come close to the sims 2 first prima guide. That was fab.