Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

updating game?

When I try to install LN, I get a popup about opening the launcher and updating my game before installing. When I try to do this, it says my game is up to date. Problem?

Comments

• Options
    matthewtannermatthewtanner Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Help?
  • Options
    AmberNicole1989AmberNicole1989 Posts: 1,532
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem, I asked a question too but no one has answered yet.
  • Options
    LakergurlLakergurl Posts: 17 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having the same problem.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited October 2010
    What version does your launcher read? Mine is all the way updated with LN ep and patch and it now reads 6.000.00 something like that..
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mine is updated to 5.2.4.009017, but it won't let me update. The update button is greyed out.
  • Options
    Rakwon09Rakwon09 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Lakergurl wrote:
    Mine is updated to 5.2.4.009017, but it won't let me update. The update button is greyed out.
    Same here!!!! :(:(:(:(
  • Options
    chaintmchaintm Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2010
    It has something to do with the gui interface and your auto login. I had this as well also you MUST ... MUST have the ea downloader installed period. no if's and's or but's about it.

If you un-installed this (Like I did in the past sense I stopped playing sims3 for awhile) you have to re-install it. Find the latest EA Download Manager at the EA Support page. Search for Manager. After and if you have this allready installed. Next thing to do is log out. Usually within the gui screen there is a logout button. Do so, then log back in , then update. This fixed it for me.
  • Options
    rae0813rae0813 Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    I also have this problem and my version says I have 5.24.009001. The launcher says I am also up to date.

Help!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    chaintm wrote:
    It has something to do with the gui interface and your auto login. I had this as well also you MUST ... MUST have the ea downloader installed period. no if's and's or but's about it.

If you un-installed this (Like I did in the past sense I stopped playing sims3 for awhile) you have to re-install it. Find the latest EA Download Manager at the EA Support page. Search for Manager. After and if you have this allready installed. Next thing to do is log out. Usually within the gui screen there is a logout button. Do so, then log back in , then update. This fixed it for me.

PS - I have the latest downloader installed and still cannot get past the issue.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited October 2010
    download the latest eadm there is a new version
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've already done that.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Snosrap522 wrote:
    download the latest eadm there is a new version

The problem is not the EA game launcher for us. We have the new one. When You click install on the game it opens the game launcher and says "Please use The Sims 3 Launcher and update your version fo the Sims 3 before installing this product."

So after opening the Sims 3 launcher to update. My version says I have 5.24.009001. The launcher says I am also up to date but it still will not let me install. :shock: :( :shock:

logonproblem.jpg

• Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2010
    EA Download Manager is a separate program from the Launcher. Here is the latest version, if you do not have it. If you do have it, open it under your Programs and it should update on it's own. This is NOT the same as launching the Sims games.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    EA Download Manager is a separate program from the Launcher. Here is the latest version, if you do not have it. If you do have it, open it under your Programs and it should update on it's own. This is NOT the same as launching the Sims games.

I am well aware they are separate programs and I have that version. I have attached the photo of the message I am getting when I try to install in the note I made above.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ugh! I'm done. Good luck Rae, but spending 4+ hours trying to fix this game, doing everything everyone has mentioned, and having it still not work, is enough for me. I hope you get your game fixed.
  • Options
    chaintmchaintm Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2010
    sorry you guys are having so much trouble, being a fellow player I know the frustration and indeed it might be on the ea side of things. Thou for me, I had the same issue and doing what I described fixed it. Also don't forget to not auto log in , for whatever reason the system seems not to rejister you when u enable this feature. If that doesn't work , I would try log in and out (not cloing the application or game) but actually logging out of the interface and logging back in. Sadly at work and not able to post screens on all of this.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am so glad it worked for you chaintm, but I never deleted the EADM because I never stopped playing the Sims 3. Today was the first day that I uninstalled it, then reinstalled because that is what people were suggesting. It still does not work. I never auto log in, but I tried logging in, then logging out, and logging back in again. Nothing. But I really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Edit: Sorry for the double post!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Here are two more screen shots:

This is now what it says (after trying to upload) when I turn on launcher:
    problem.jpg

Says it is updated:
    updated.jpg
  • Options
    alyak24alyak24 Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem! I thought I was going mad. I will try the suggestions above!
  • Options
    FranWFranW Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Is this a win 7 problem, my game was good in xp but installed win 7 and I'm having the same issues.Cannot install content unless I update the game which is up to date.
    I have even re-installed twice now, spent two weeks trying to get it fixed, nada, nothing, not at all. I can play the game but not Late Night. Any help?????????????