Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you have mixed-gender multiples?

I'm just curious. In real-life, I'm part of a set of BBG triplets (I'm the girl). So far, my Sim has had GGG triplets and BB twins :-o but no mixes, and I haven't heard of anyone getting BG twins or BBG/BGG triplets. Is it possible?

Comments

• Options
    JorcJorc Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it might be a glitch.. I know one person said they had a set of twins boy/girl but they were split up and one turned into a boy after moving or something lol.
  • Options
    iamRediamRed Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hmm, i havent had the experience yet, but i would hope its possible. i mean, mixed gender twins were there in the sims 2. it would be a downgrade if sim 3 doesnt have it.

plus, high five on being the girl in the group. it's like, BAM! instant attention over the boys.
  • Options
    CarmeeKittyCarmeeKitty Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, it could be a glitch, or maybe I'm just unlucky! :P

I know, maybe in the next patch there will be a fix for it if it's a glitch.

I love being the girl! Everyone always asks me how I survive with two brothers the same age as me, but I love it! I get special time with my mom, and there's no fighting over girl things, etc. The only thing I don't like is trying to find birthday party ideas that we all agree on.

Anyway, if I can't find a way for my sim to get mixed gender multiples, then she might just have to stop at five kids. :wink: Thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    simsg.jpg

It's possible, just not sure how.
  • Options
    CarmeeKittyCarmeeKitty Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh! :-o Maybe it's just rare?
  • Options
    SoletaSoleta Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So far, the only folks I know have had mixed gender multiples have manipulated the outcome. They'll have the fertility awards or whatnot, and then have a high-level medical person detect gender. If they say "boy" then the user has their sim eat several helpings of watermelon, and if they say "girl" they have them eat several helpings of apples. Then they'll have mixed gender multiples.

If anyone knows of mixed gender multiples under other circumstances, I'd love to hear about it.
  • Options
    shudellullyshudellully Posts: 585 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i wish i was a multiple, but alas i'm not is it fun?
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it's a glitch a lot of people have. Some can get different gendered multiples, but others haven't. Like myself, I've gotten 3 sets of all boy twins, and one set of all girl triplets..
  • Options
    mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have never gotten a mixed set of multiples. They seem to always be either all boy or all girl. :?
  • Options
    simslover727simslover727 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    hey
    so i was playing sims just then and my sim just went to have her baby so i was at the hospital i had a baby boy. then i had another baby boy. i was there thinking please god i dont want another one and then i got another one but it was a baby girl.... i had always read that you could only have 2 boys or 2 girls 3 boys or 3 girls i never thought you could have mixed! i have all the expantion packs and my father and mother had the fertility treatment thing. my sim was not a doctor i didnt eat a watermellon or apples. I was going what the hell i cant have 2 boys and a girl that like not possible and i was looking it up now just to see if anybody else had had the experiance and it looks like not many people!! YAY im special.
    so it is posible i dont think its a glitch but i will tell you if it is
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited December 2011
    No it's not a glitch. Many people have had mixed gender multiples. This thread is from 2009 so the Sims 3 was new back then. There are more recent threads talking about this.
  • Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2011
    Not long ago I read something on here that gave a method on how to have boy/girl twins/triplets. I can't find a link to it, but if I remember correctly...
    Once your sim is pregnant you need fertility treatments and watch the children tv channel/listen to the kids station on the radio. Then you need a level 10 doctor and they can tell you the gender of your baby (apparently you can download this sim from the exchange.) If the doctor says you are have a boy, eat lots of watermelon (girl). If the doctor says you are having a girl, eat apples (boy). I guess that suppose to mix the genders? People have said this has worked, but I've never tried...it's too complex O.O

EDIT: I just saw this was from 2009... -_-
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    edited December 2011
    I've never had any naturally in the game. I always manipulate it.

Buy fertility treatment or listen to and watch the kiddie stations on the tv and radio throughout the pregnancy.
    Go see a sim who is level 5 or higher in the medical career when your sim starts to show. They will tell you the gender of the baby. If they say it's a girl eat 10 apples, if they say it's a boy eat 10 watermelons.
    When the babies are born they should be mixed multiples. I've tried it a few times and it does work.
  • Options
    billisrulzbillisrulz Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2011
    Twice in my game theres been mixed gender twins! The both had different skin colors though.
  • Options
    anybolanybol Posts: 401 New Member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited December 2011
    It is possiable, i've had it before. I've seen other threads since pets saying about this, so it could just be a glitch :')
    Have you tried the watermelon/apple cheat?
  • Options
    HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited December 2011
    A tutorial to get mixed gendered twins/triplets and it works all the time:

http://sims100babychallengeclub.blogspot.com/p/multi-gendered-twinstriplets.html
  • Options
    ZubinelleZubinelle Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Zubinelle on
  • Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Old thread, guys :wink:
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited December 2011
    Once I had a sim who had boy/girl twins, without fertility treatment. It's possible, but probably pretty rare. It's probably more rare to get mixed gender triplets, though I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited December 2011
    My sim had a boy and girl and i didnt give her fertility treatment or anything.
  • Options
    simslover727simslover727 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    hey
    so i was playing sims just then and my sim just went to have her baby so i was at the hospital i had a baby boy. then i had another baby boy. i was there thinking please god i dont want another one and then i got another one but it was a baby girl.... i had always read that you could only have 2 boys or 2 girls 3 boys or 3 girls i never thought you could have mixed! i have all the expantion packs and my father and mother had the fertility treatment thing. my sim was not a doctor i didnt eat a watermellon or apples. I was going what the hell i cant have 2 boys and a girl that like not possible and i was looking it up now just to see if anybody else had had the experiance and it looks like not many people!! YAY im special.
    so it is posible i dont think its a glitch but i will tell you if it is

Ok so it definatly is possible!! I was playing the same game again and i just had twins one boy one girl
    All i did was watch the kids chanel with my triples from last time and i read the 2 pregnany books except i didnt read the books with my triples.
    I think it is just a bit of luck. Ive been playing since it came out or a couple months after that and this is the first time ive had mixed multiples also it might have somehthing to do with pets. Im not sure. lol
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    i wish i was a multiple, but alas i'm not is it fun?

Well basically its the same as having siblings. Which isn't fun. At least wasn't to me, but I dont have sliblings anymore so its okay. I enjoy life without siblings.