Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to tell how old a townie is?

I seriously can not tell the difference between young adult and adult (I've check relationship panel, nothing)- and pretty much every time one of my sims has married a townie they've been between 9-2 days from turning into an elder.

Which is sad when my sim wants to raise a family; I'm tired of having old men being the fathers of toddlers.

Is there anyway to tell the difference? Has anyone else been having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello?
  • Options
    TiariTiari Posts: 379 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There doesn't seem to be a way so far ... I also can't tell the difference between YA and Adult. It'd be nice if there's a way to figure out how many days old they are, I know how disappointing it feels when you get a Sim to move in, and they're only a day or two from becoming an Elder.
  • Options
    annamr1annamr1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you zoom in on an adult sim you can see lines on their forehead and around their mouth and eyes
  • Options
    BrijenieveBrijenieve Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2009
    I threw a party today and when I was pulling together the guest list, I hovered the cursor over particular sims and it showed me their ages. I don't know how else to do it!
  • Options
    arielraearielrae Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Choose "Throw Party" on the cell phone: when it brings up the guest list you can click on the sim you are curious about and it will tell you what life stage they are at.

Then just cancel the party.

That's the only way I know of for checking a sim's age.
  • Options
    DayijaDayija Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Brijenieve wrote:
    I threw a party today and when I was pulling together the guest list, I hovered the cursor over particular sims and it showed me their ages. I don't know how else to do it!

That's the same thing I do. I just cancel the party if I don't want a party tough.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the same issue with my sim Kennedy, I was so busy skilling her up and moving her up the career latter that Dustin Langerak (her husband) was aging away, by the time they moved in together, he only had like 25 more days as an adult. The result of this is an elder being a father of five teenaged children (three from my sim and two from his ex wife).

As far as knowing exactly how old they are into that life stage, you can't tell unless you move in with them or they move in with you and become controllable.
  • Options
    NishaDSNishaDS Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2009
    You can see how old the townies are if you go into party invite menu on your cellphone. It's the only place I've found that you can see info on the townies your sim knows.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2009
    NishaDS wrote:
    You can see how old the townies are if you go into party invite menu on your cellphone. It's the only place I've found that you can see info on the townies your sim knows.

Hey thanks, I'll have to try that when I play next time.
  • Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the party idea! That works well! Although I wish the relationship panel would say....../shrug.