The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

attaching pictures to uploaded lots for the exchange

i find the angles of the uploaded lots just don't do a house justice and i noticed that Mch36504 was able to attach a picture of his lots to the exchange item.

so anyone now how to do this? it would be helpful and people can better appreciate a house from a frontal view than the side

Comments

• Options
    Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've been looking for a way to do this too...
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited June 2009
    i would like to ask Mch36504 but i am unable to. maybe he will stumble across this and give us the answer we seek
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2009
    There are quite a few custom images appearing now, presume they are hacking the upload before uploading it, they are certainly keeping pretty quiet about how they are all doing it, maybe report one of them as messing with files, that might get someone's attention.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i don't really want to make enemies or anything like that. but you are right. they are very tight lipped on how they do it
  • Options
    GeorgiaPeanutsGeorgiaPeanuts Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They must have a program to do it, but I checked the sim3pack and it looks like the thumbnail data is pointed at at the very end of the file it gives an offset to the picture in the file methinks.
  • Options
    ChoclateChoclate Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They must have a program to do it, but I checked the sim3pack and it looks like the thumbnail data is pointed at at the very end of the file it gives an offset to the picture in the file methinks.

Excuse me, may i ask, how did you open the .pack files to read the code?
    I want to know, i wish to do some reading on how the game works.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm assuming you need to edit the thumbnail tags in the .package file, if that's any clarification. From what I've googled, you can only change the title picture and there is still a limit on the upload. (Discussed in short here.)

Choclate wrote:

Excuse me, may i ask, how did you open the .pack files to read the code?
    I want to know, i wish to do some reading on how the game works.
    Blargh, google "Sims 3 Package Explorer"
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    WOW you found more than me. the main reason i like the idea is the way lots are displayed on the exchange just don't do them justice. but that seems like a lot of messing around to just change a single picture. i will have to try it out but not at the moment. i am completing a new house.
  • Options
    SoapiesSoapies Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So I've come to the (obvious? late?) conclusion that you need some sort of sims3pack file creator to do this... unless I'm missing something.

I just have absolutely No clue how to change the PNG in the sims3pack, and it's driving me completely insane :(

I can see it sitting there! And I can't do a thing to it! Frustrating.