Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Needed! Thank You in Advance! :)

Hi. :P

You might notice me, as I'm making Springfield from the Simpsons.
And, I need of ye're assisstance... :mrgreen:

As you know, the Nuclear power plant is one of teh major spots in Springfield - without it, the city would be incomplete. I've tried and tried and tried to make the Chimneys required, but it is ... blatently impossible ... for me. :oops:

So, could any of ye help me? Do ye know of any tips/cheats/hints/advice that'll help me? Thanks in advance,

Conorsim. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I cannot think of anyway you can do the concave walls with a cheat. CFE won't let you alter the angle of walls on that axis (vertically) it will only alter horizontal angle i.e. floors.

Possibly geo-blending (actually I'm not sure whether that would work) or sculpting the ground and some terrain paint? Or have you tried that?

These tutorials might be useful:
    Nine Liveable Levels (Illusion)
    Build a pyramid with stairs

The way I would do it would be to make a new object, but if you're not a mesher then you'd be stuck. And it would be CC in your world, depends on what you want, I guess.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited September 2010
    I cannot think of anyway you can do the concave walls with a cheat. CFE won't let you alter the angle of walls on that axis (vertically) it will only alter horizontal angle i.e. floors.

Possibly geo-blending (actually I'm not sure whether that would work) or sculpting the ground and some terrain paint? Or have you tried that?

These tutorials might be useful:
    Nine Liveable Levels (Illusion)
    Build a pyramid with stairs

The way I would do it would be to make a new object, but if you're not a mesher then you'd be stuck. And it would be CC in your world, depends on what you want, I guess.

Thank you, Angel lillie. I've tried all taht I can in-game, meaning with walls etc, but it just looks ridiculous. I'm going to try that other stuff you mentioned also ...

A mesher? I am not indeed. I know nothin' of making objects ... guess I'm stuck ... :?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, well some people at MTS take requests, go to this thread here:
    Sims 3 Creators who take requests

Don't post your request in that thread, read through all of the posts that people have made and see if anyone is willing to do object meshing, I think some of them are. Then your PM someone who says they take object requests with whatever info they ask for. Of course, you would need to register with MTS if you haven't already.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, well some people at MTS take requests, go to this thread here:
    Sims 3 Creators who take requests

Don't post your request in that thread, read through all of the posts that people have made and see if anyone is willing to do object meshing, I think some of them are. Then your PM someone who says they take object requests with whatever info they ask for. Of course, you would need to register with MTS if you haven't already.

Thanks, angel lillie. I like to count myself as a regular at Mod the Sims, so I'll scout around there until I find what I need ...

Thanks again for your help! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No problem. Do you use the same user name over there? I go on MTS more than here but I go by sleepalldaypartyallnight over there.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No problem. Do you use the same user name over there? I go on MTS more than here but I go by sleepalldaypartyallnight over there.

Oh, well ... as I said, I like to consider myself as a regular. I go on it from time to time, just a 'window-shopper' really. I remember signing up there, but I completely forget my username and password - maybe it is Conorsim ... I'm not sure ... oh well. :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    hehe :lol: Don't be afraid to join in. We don't bite . . . most of the time. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    hehe :lol: Don't be afraid to join in. We don't bite . . . most of the time. :D

:lol::lol: