Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switching to a New Computer

I just bought a new computer and I wanted to transfer all my saved games over. I copied all the relevant files and added them to the files on my new computer. When I opened the game, I could see my riverview there but it said I couldn't open it because it was saved with an expansion I no longer had. I realized that it must be because riverview was not downloaded. So I downloaded riverview, and opened it again, and now I don't even see riverview in the cue to select my saves. Any ideas what happened/how I can find my riverview saved game??

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have no clue. If I were you I would post this in "Tech" forums , right under this one, which is "General".

edit: silly question, you said you downloaded riverview, did you also Install it?
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2010
    I just bought a new computer and I wanted to transfer all my saved games over. I copied all the relevant files and added them to the files on my new computer. When I opened the game, I could see my riverview there but it said I couldn't open it because it was saved with an expansion I no longer had. I realized that it must be because riverview was not downloaded. So I downloaded riverview, and opened it again, and now I don't even see riverview in the cue to select my saves. Any ideas what happened/how I can find my riverview saved game??

Thanks!

are the games on both machines the same version>?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2010
    did you download riverview and install while to store mode? if so you will need to reboot the game for your saves to work again.

allso if you only downloaded riverview you will have to install via the launcher
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    It sounds like you may just have to start from scratch, which isn't always bad. It can be kind of exciting.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks-I finally got it to work after a combination of things, however now I am having other troubles! Thanks for the help though.