The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sept15off invalid?

Alright, you may have noticed that when you load your launcher, if you watch the scrolling images...there is a bright green one that says and I quote:

SEPTEMBER ONLY
15% OFF OF SIMPOINT BUNDLES
USE THE CODE
SEPT15OFF

TO GET 15% OFF YOUR NEXT SIMPOINT BUNDLE PURCHASE.

I went to buy a bundle, put sept15off into the coupon section and it says it's invalid. Anyone else having this issue? Did I screw up somewhere? -scratches head-
The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
Origin ID: BlindxSecrets

Comments

• Options
    MystykaMystyka Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    AvanisAvanis Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited September 2010
    The code worked for me, it applied correctly. But I was not able to get the "Bonus" item for purchasing points... Not sure if this is intended or not though :(

Edit: Was just REALLY slow, most of the other gifts from points bundles showed up real fast.. this one just took much longer.

What I did to enter the code was copy/paste it from the news page.
  • Options
    LachesisLachesis Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Won't work for me either.

Edit: Had been trying with Firefox in Private Browsing Mode and it wouldn't work. Turned off Private Browsing Mode and clicked through using the link in the News and pasted the copied code in the box and it went through. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    VampelliaVampellia Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2010
    Not working for me either. suck.
  • Options
    lkadleclkadlec Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2010
    I was having the same problem, and after search of the forums found someone who posted that they couldn't get the code to work with IE but that it worked with Firefox. I tried switching from IE to Firefox, and that did the trick for me as well. Not sure about "Private Browsing Mode" - don't know off the top of my head if I'm in that mode or not - but for me IE didn't work (code was invalid) while Firefox did (code went through first try).
  • Options
    MeyersParrotMeyersParrot Posts: 366 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Working fine today with IE8 :D
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited September 2010
    i got mine with IE 7....got my points and my bonus gift
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,615 Member
    edited September 2010
    Mine isn't working:

simpoints.jpg

:(

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    wickedlady1969wickedlady1969 Posts: 648 Member
    edited September 2010
    It wont work for me either, i've tried everything. Interent explorer, firefox, aol, via ingame mode, either the button freezes or it says invalid code. I wouldn't mind but it worked fine yesterday. Grrrrrr!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,615 Member
    edited September 2010
    How bizarre!

I just tried again and it went through fine. I dunno if that was just luck or whether it's because I decided to type the code in lower case letters instead of caps.
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2010
    It didn't work the first time, worked the second time and refused to work the third. I'm completely lost, there. Lol.

I think it was luck. I've tried both lower and upper case and nada. :S
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yes I am having the same issue with both Firefox and IE. I am on a live chat right now with EA customer support to try to fix the issue.
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I think you need to purchase a simpoints bundle first then you can use the discount