Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OH THANK GOD!

TelamonTelamon Posts: 672 New Member
I didn't install latest patch. :)

I AM NOT REPEATING WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME CAW BROKE. NEVER!

If you are a bit foggy on the subject, Caw was broken for a month in the Summer cuz EA was estupido.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi,

I didn't install it either. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2010
    The biggest problem is guys that we will have to eventually install the patch eventually, unless we don't want to install the next expansion pack or stuff pack, or maybe even some new store content. Most likely the new stuff won't work without it. Also, its pretty time consuming uninstalling and than reinstalling your game, and only installing the right patches up until the right point. Hopefully they'll have the problem fixed soon.
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited September 2010
    I couldn`t afford to install it either, so I didn`t. If I have to wait until Late Night is released, then so be it. The whole CAW broken again thing is beyond annoying.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2010
    i installed the new patch, downloaded the updated CAW, installed it, used CFF explorer on it for the memory issue and now it works fine for me
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Geminiagre, did you download the new CAW from the Games/Create a World page? I`m just wondering as I might be tempted to download it now it seems to be working.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    yes , i downloaded it from the CAW page
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, that`s cool. Thanks Geminiagre.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No prob :)
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited September 2010
    geminiagre wrote:
    i installed the new patch, downloaded the updated CAW, installed it, used CFF explorer on it for the memory issue and now it works fine for me

where did you get the new CAW from i download the one on this page and its the older one, not the 1.9

i just tried 5 mins ago and the one that downloaded was the same as i allready had.

edit strange but i had to uninstal it and reinstal now i have the new game update but its same one i had in. which i only instaled 2 days ago. but its working now.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I downloaded from the main CAW page. I did not check the version myself, but the simmer who first noticed that, Jalida and kdluvshersims, and prompt us to download it. Since it worked , i was convinced that the simmer was correct and I didn't bother to check the version. I'll look for a link to the thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/259507.page

Edit : I tried checking the version myslef, with no luck. I get diff numbers on each diff file i click on. If i click on version in CAW i get a 0.4... something, in read me it gives me version 1.0 and the .exe gives me version 1.0... something I have no idea where did the other simmers saw versions 1.9.14 and 1.9.16
    Setup version is giving me 15.0 :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SpiderHawkSpiderHawk Posts: 241 New Member
    edited September 2010
    geminiagre wrote:

where did you get the new CAW from i download the one on this page and its the older one, not the 1.9

i just tried 5 mins ago and the one that downloaded was the same as i allready had.

edit strange but i had to uninstal it and reinstal now i have the new game update but its same one i had in. which i only instaled 2 days ago. but its working now.

I would like to know where they got the 1.9 as well. I got my download off the main CAW forum page and it was old, and didn't work. I simply did not pay attention to the July date on the post. It took forever to get past the white page and when it finally did allow me to download it, it won't work in Edit in Game at all. I will try it one more time off the Free Stuff link up top and if it still doesn't work, I have no idea what to do. Obviously, most Simmers do not know what to do or how to find the actual updated version because the forums are going crazy with people's posts about it not working, including my own.
  • Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey folks!

Sorry I didn't seem to add enough info in my post on the other thread. :oops:

I got the version numbers of CAW from my add/remove panel (or install/uninstall as some call it). Those numbers (version 1.9.14 vs 1.9.16) are the versions my computer listed. I have Win 7 so I access uninstall or change programs through "My Computer". I get to "My Computer" through the start menu. I first made backup copies of everything I deemed relevant (folders on my desktop), then I ran the uninstall THEN I ran Piriform's CCleaner. I then crossed my fingers (and said a small prayer :-) ) and went to the Games tab at the top of the page and downloaded the CAW from there. It installed just fine and when I checked back at the uninstall panel it listed version 1.9.16 (versus the 1.9.14 it had earlier). Hope this clarifies my earlier post and why I used the version numbers I did. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Happing Simming!
    KD
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    thanks for the clarification on this. I'm on Vista and i can't see the version listed in add/remove programms
  • Options
    angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    geminiagre I have Vista, and I can check the version number (didn't know that until today though - thank you kdluvshersims!)
    I underlined it in red:
    CAWversion.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    *facepalm* lol it cuts out if it is not maximised.. :oops: I maximised it and it shows up for me too. yup product version 1.9.16
  • Options
    angel_lillieangel_lillie Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    hehe, that's normally the sort of thing I do. :-)