Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triplets are Tough! (Picture Thread! Please Share!)

So I'm experiencing my first set of triplets, and boy are they tough! Not to mention they have a toddler older brother! (All four children are boys... so cute!)

So any advice for taking care of four little ones at once? Mom is staying home, but Dad is still going to work at the Hospital for peanuts. (Not to mention struggling to get enough sleep!)

I just HAD to have them have try for baby so soon after Maddox was born. They both want five children, so I figured I should get a move on it. I thought I could handle Maddox and one more. :roll: Now I have Maddox, Turner, Howard, and Ellis Jr. (Ellis is evil, and he takes pleasure when his brothers are crying!) I'll see if I can upload some photos later.

So what are your triplet stories?

screenshot_original.jpg

The three new beds!

screenshot_original.jpg

Baby Turner

screenshot_original.jpg

Baby Maddox and his dad

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Ellis Jr. grows up!

screenshot_original.jpg

Baby Howard grown up!

screenshot_original.jpg

Baby Turner just grown up!

Aren't they cute?

Comments

• Options
    xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    I just had triplets yesterday, 3 girls, Savannah, Sophia, and Scarlet. It wasn't that hard to manage them since I had mom, dad, teen sister, and teen brother, to help :). I tried the babysitter to give them a break but she doesn't help at all!
  • Options
    saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ****, I want triplets in my game. I keep doing everything right and always getting twins.

I did however get two sets of twins in a row on epic lifespan and then I aged them together to toddlers so I could have quads at the same time.

My experience is just make sure all of your furniture is of the best quality so that when your sim sleeps they sleep well, when they shower they shower fast, and their food is delicious etc. And have at least one sim staying at home.
  • Options
    MadicusMadicus Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Have you tried feeding them at different times? maybe then you won't have to change so many sims diapers at once.
  • Options
    KevinSullivanKevinSullivan Posts: 267 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ****, I want triplets in my game. I keep doing everything right and always getting twins.

What do u do to get twins/ triplets?
  • Options
    saricaelinorsaricaelinor Posts: 422 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Buy fertility treatment for both parents and listen to the kids channel pretty much nonstop.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My only set of triplets, both parents had the fertility reward, plus mom spent the whole pregnacy watch kids tv and listing to kids music. It was a lot of work, but I got the triplets.

I then promptly left...hehe...didn't want to deal with the caoticness! I did come back when they were tots to train them...and it wasn't as bad as I thought...but they had 3 teen siblings and a stay at home dad, so it wasn't too bad. Managed to fully train all few in 2 or 3 sim days. They are now children-phew.

I have found in the past with twins though, feeding them on different schedules helps...leave one hungry for awhile and they usually **** on differnt schedules as well.
  • Options
    katelyn_ykatelyn_y Posts: 240 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can either get the sim to have the fertility treatment (its a lifetime reward).

Or, while they are pregnant, have them listen to kid's music and watch kid's tv a lot.
  • Options
    DancingXtremeDancingXtreme Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had two sets of triplets in one family...the first set were still babies when the other was born! It got a bit hectic, but I think babies are pretty easy to deal with in TS3. Toddlers get a little more difficult, but not unmanageable.
  • Options
    MadicusMadicus Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't like how every time i hire a babysitter, they don't do anything.
  • Options
    LadySimLadySim Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol... i got my first set of twins not to long ago... i have a house full of girls.. can't seem to get her to born a boy
  • Options
    kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sims have had triplets with only one fertility treatment between the two Sims and no kids channel/music. It seems random to me and completely not worth it. The novelty is cool but once that wears off, all you really have is three toddlers that need to learn to walk, talk and be potty-trained. And trying to keep track of all the babies is hard. I wish they had the "put baby in crib" and "potty train" options from clicking on the toddler rather than the object. I hate clicking on the crib and getting the pie with three toddler's names and then trying to remember which toddler needed to go to sleep.
  • Options
    ZenSandwichZenSandwich Posts: 221 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My babysitters are a HUGE help! I just wish they'd live with me! As soon as one goes home I call up another one!
  • Options
    SimsationalFranSimsationalFran Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2009
    LadySim wrote:
    lol... i got my first set of twins not to long ago... i have a house full of girls.. can't seem to get her to born a boy

Maybe you keep feeding the mom watermelons (3 servings of watermelons increases the chance of a girl), if you feed her 3 apples you have a better chance at having a boy
  • Options
    ZenSandwichZenSandwich Posts: 221 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Pictures uploaded! Come on'! Someone else share!