The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims "Staying overnight" cannot sleep

I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this issue, but I thought I would check.

When I have a sim invite his girlfriend to stay the night, she accepts. However, despite the number of times she complains she is tired, she will not sleep. I wasn't sure if I am missing an iteraction or if this is a bug, etc. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tempest

Comments

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2009
    No, it's not a bug. It's was like this in the sims 2. People you invite to stayover/sleepover for the night can't acctually sleep in a bed...unless you woohoo with them.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    anitaknappanitaknapp Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim's visitor could sleep in the bed. He was her boyfriend, but they hadn't woo hoo'd yet, so it might be a bug...or maybe they have to be a girlfriend/boyfriend before they can sleep in the bed?
  • Options
    olivermypupolivermypup Posts: 1,586 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I invited my brother to spend the night and he slept in the guest bed. Perhaps your sims boyfriend didn't want to sleep with her..? lol.
  • Options
    Wiley2825Wiley2825 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have had guests sleep over, and they will sleep, if you provide an unoccupied bed. They probably won't crawl into bed with your active sim, but if you have a guest bed, they will sleep there.
  • Options
    HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well that explains why I found my guest out in the guest house, lol.
  • Options
    Tempest67Tempest67 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    anitaknapp wrote:
    My sim's visitor could sleep in the bed. He was her boyfriend, but they hadn't woo hoo'd yet, so it might be a bug...or maybe they have to be a girlfriend/boyfriend before they can sleep in the bed?

Thanks for the information. It is my sims fiancee' and they have woohoo'd. She still won't sleep. I will try a guest bed to see if she'll sleep there, but that seems like it has to be a bug if they are not sleeeping after woohoo.

Tempest :D
  • Options
    PhyroxisPhyroxis Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kamio wrote:
    No, it's not a bug. It's was like this in the sims 2. People you invite to stayover/sleepover for the night can't acctually sleep in a bed...unless you woohoo with them.

Wrong :)

I had a 2 BR house, one active Sim. Invited a female to stay the night, she didnt dig my Sim.. She ended up sleeping in the spare bedroom.
  • Options
    JuliadotcomJuliadotcom Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    Dunno what the problem could be. Everyone I invite over hangs out with me for a bit then finds a bed in my house and passes out!

Sorry. =(
  • Options
    jeremyj621jeremyj621 Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the same problem with overnight guests not sleeping, and it doesn't matter whether or not my active Sim(s) have spare bedrooms. Unlike in Sims 2, sims who engage in WooHoo while low on energy won't automatically fall asleep after the act, so sims in a romantic relationship can't rely on this interaction to make visitors fall asleep. The official Sims 3 Strategy guide (which I bought hoping to get some answers) makes a reference to "Visitor Privileges," rated -1 to 4, but nowhere in the book does it mention what these numbers mean (and I can't find any answers online either.) These "Visitor Privileges" may have something to do with this issue, but like many of you, when I play a Sim involved in a romantic relationship with another Sim, even a close relationship like that doesn't seem to resolve this issue when inviting the other Sim to stay overnight. It's a bug, plain and simple as far as I can see, which is why I stopped bothering with inviting other Sims to stay overnight.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2010
    I've had my sims invite other sims to stay the night and usually the DO sleep, but not in the same bed as any of my sims. They'll only sleep if you have an extra bed that is not in use by an sims in your household (at least in my game). Even sims who are engaged to be married won't sleep in the same bed (assuming one of them is not a player controlled sim).
  • Options
    sweetheart509sweetheart509 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2010
    This bug is really ridiculous. The Sim was very tired, but wouldn't get into bed with the Sim that she's romantically interested in. I even bought her a single bed and placed it in another room just for her to sleep in for the night and she STILL stayed up all night reading. I had to wake my Sim up and make him ask her to leave because I was afraid she might die from lack of sleep. EA needs to fix this!
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2010
    It's a bug but not one that i've experienced. I've had a girlfriend for my sim get into bed and sleep because she was tired, this was after I invited her to spend the night of course. She did it in my sim's double bed.
  • Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I think you need a bed that someone in your household hasn't slept in before, i had someone stay over and sleep on a couch once
  • Options
    SIMIAN6SIMIAN6 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2010
    mine do and will leave if i try to make them stay up.
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited August 2010
    My Sims invite the girlfriends the stay, and they sleep in the guest room.
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited August 2010
    I would suggest making sure your game is fully patched, if it isn't. I always play with a patched game.

I have my Sims invite people to stay over all the time, and usually the guest will sleep in the same bed with the Sim that invited them.

Not only that, my guest normally don't leave until late afternoon of the next day, even if my Sim isn't entertaining them.

My Sim girl recently invited her guy friend to stay over. They were just friends...no romance involved. It was a little after 5 in the evening. He ended up staying for almost 24 Sim hours.

He slept in her bed with her, ate leftovers, read, played on the laptop, watched TV, etc. My Sim girl had gone to work and made it home before he left.
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited August 2010
    If their relationship isn't high enough they won't sleep in the same bed.. that's the only reason I can think of. Unless of course it's a single bed.. :?
  • Options
    RarethRareth Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I think you need at least a double bed for this to work. My Sim has invited others to stay the night, and there was no issues with sharing the same bed.

he's got three romantic interests and hasn't had issues with the bed with any of them.
  • Options
    VickyLouise3VickyLouise3 Posts: 1,705 New Member
    edited August 2010
    My guests sleep over fine.. :?

Make sure you have a spare bed for if they aren't sharing.
  • Options
    Thesims2kelly13Thesims2kelly13 Posts: 998 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Guests wont sleep in beds that have already been used. Once a Sim in your household sleeps in a bed, it becomes "their" bed. =] Try buying a guest bed, that way she can sleep in it.