Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting Married

How do your sims get married in this game? Are you not allowed to get married as a young adult? My sims have kids but I can't figure out how to get them to propose and get married.

Comments

• Options
    UserMnk1116UserMnk1116 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2009
    Click on the interaction 'Romantic' and under it will be propose engagement and soon after either Private Wedding or go your phone and do throw party and you can choose your wedding time, venue, and clothing. :-)
  • Options
    JuliadotcomJuliadotcom Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    Click on the interaction 'Romantic' and under it will be propose engagement and soon after either Private Wedding or go your phone and do throw party and you can choose your wedding time, venue, and clothing. :-)

Yup! What they said. But sometimes it doesn't show up. You have to go lots of huggies and kisses before the option comes up.
  • Options
    Melzor03Melzor03 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2009
    Do you have to do anything special like building an Alter once you throw the wedding party?
  • Options
    bootiefulbri873bootiefulbri873 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can you get married before falling in love?? Because my sim has the option but still hasn't fallen in love and it's been taking forever. I don't know if it would say it under relationships or not. Also can you move in with someone before getting married? Cause I don't have that option either.
  • Options
    EyefulEyeful Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think you'll have to "go steady" first before you get the option to propose marriage.
  • Options
    Mudface9Mudface9 Posts: 48
    edited April 2010
    It sounds like you have 'the bug' look at this forum for info:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/181698.page

For your information, the romantic order is:

Confess Attraction to make them romantic interests after doing romantic options
    Go Steady to make then lovers
    Propose Marriage to make them engaged
    Then there should be an option to Get Married. You might have to have an object of which will give you the option or you might have to throw a wedding party to get them married, I am not sure.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2010
    Actually, it's:

Confess Attraction or First Kiss to make them lovers;
    Propose Go Steady to make them committed partners
    Propose Marriage to make them fiances (engaged)
    Get Married to make them spouses

Continue doing romantic interactions to progress through all the following stages in order to get the Go Steady/Propose Marriage/Marriage menu options:

Flirty, Alluring, Irresistable

If you just want your Sim to move in (whether friend or lover) continue to do ONLY friendly interactions until the menu option comes up to "Ask to Move In."

Alternately, you can go to Edit Town, find the other Sim's house and click on it, select "Split Up Household," and select the Sim you want to cut. The game places them on the clipboard temporarily. From the clipboard, select them and choose "Place" to combine them into your original Sim's household.
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Mudface9: It's unlikely that people in June had a bug that didn't start until World Adventures, in November. It's also unlikely that anything you suggest now will help someone with a problem that happened that long ago.
  • Options
    ClownishClownish Posts: 27
    edited April 2010
    the previous sims (sims 2) had cinematics for getting married while the sims 3 doesnt. instead the guests of the party (unless your having a private wedding) reacts differently: crying, cheering tossing flower petals, etc.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2010
    The bug is easy to fix just kill the romatic interest thing, with negative and go back to romatic interest. Bug only applies to sims that where in love when you installed world adventures. Its just some negative actions. Also while fixing the bug and you don't want to loose days or desys the neiborhood turn both aging and progression off at the same time.

HOpe that helps
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    chill67chill67 Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    i have the same problem..i m happy it s not just me:)
  • Options
    chill67chill67 Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    Is there a cheat for it?