Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elder not dieing

So my elder is about 95 days old now (with the life span at 90 days), is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does he/she have the Loser trait?
    If so, they don't die.
    Or it can be a glitch in your game.
    ;D
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited June 2009
    My elder sim lived to be 96 days old. His time is coming, don't worry!
  • Options
    toastyotoastyo Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No he isn't a loser.

Ok, thanks, at this rate though he might out live his wife who's younger.
  • Options
    KulzarKulzar Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2009
    You can only die of old age after 90 days, however it doesn't mean you have to die at 90. ;-)

It's not unusual to have Sims live up to 95. If they are really in good health, vegetarian and have accomplished the marathon challenge, they can live up to 110 days.

Everything is normal. Unless you REALLY want him to die? Then there's always the fire...
    Scientist playing a make-believe scientist in the Sims, because why not!
  • Options
    GJR1stGJR1st Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had one live untill he was 108 days old it just depends on the sim
  • Options
    Alan09Alan09 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My sim is 109 at the moment and i was shocked because her husband died when he was 90 :shock: i supose she will die in the next few days :(
  • Options
    KaiyahKaiyah Posts: 1,194 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ha! I've got you all beat! My first sim is currently 117 days old and still kickin'. :lol:
    The only thing I can attribute to her long lifespan is her "vegetarian" trait, which is supposed to make them live longer lives, but I never would have expected her to live this long.
    At this rate her daughter will be an elder before Eco dies.
  • Options
    ELFGIRL1968ELFGIRL1968 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I went to in-game options and set my Sim Life Age to 190 days. Both of my older two are 195 and 194. Why isn't the reaper coming? Their green bar is full.
    They should've died 4 and 5 days ago.
  • Options
    GruntlingGruntling Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The oldest Sim I've had was 117 when he died (on normal mode). I've heard Sims living as long as 121, so you don't have a bug. It's normal for your Sim to live into their 100s and 110s.
  • Options
    RenitanekoRenitaneko Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was gonna say that it could've been that you made their life spans longer in the game options, but somebody already said that.

I turned my sims aging off xD I don't like them dieing.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep. Cornelia Goth lived FOREVER in my game. I ended up having her marry Michael Bachelor after Bella and Mortimer had kids so the mansion wouldn't be cramped. She brought a child I didn't want Mortimer and Bella to have with her to Michael's house, and Michael already had a parthenogenic daughter, and then Michael and Cornelia adopted a child together before Cornelia finally died of old age.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2009
    At first I thought it was a glitch too, because Leighton Sekemoto was like 94 days old and he still wasn't dead...so I killed him. Oops. :shock: