Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MY SIM DISAPPEARED!!

I decided to send my sim on a trip to Egypt because she needed to complete 2 different opportunities. It was my first time sending my sim away so I was only able to go for 3 days. After the 3 days expired I was sent home and everything was fine (She was gardening and her husband had just returned from work). I saved the game and quit. When I relaunched the game my sim was GONE! Her picture is missing from the left corner and I can only control her husband...I figured that if I let the husband sleep then my sim would return. THE HUSBAND CAN'T EVEN GO TO BED!! He gets in bed and jumps right out. So now I have TWO issues!! PLEASE HELP ME! I WANT MY SIM BACK!! :/

Comments

• Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited July 2010
    There's a bug that can cause sims to be lost either when travelling to a foreign location or when returning home but they don't usually return home and then disappear when you next load the game.

Here's a post on the travelling bug:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/233723.page#2908649

That probably wont be much help to you though since your problem is a bit different. You could try going to your backup save and seeing if that works (the thread above mentions how to do that).

Do you have any mods installed? It's possible that there's some sort of issue with those that has caused the problem. I'd suggest deleting your mods and then seeing if your game works when you next load it.

If the above doesn't help you could try having your family move house (they can move back again afterwards), that sometimes returns lost sims. You could also try exporting your family from Edit Town mode (with luck the lost sim will be included but they might not be) and then either replacing them in the game with a copy from the library or placing a copy into a new game.

I'm not sure what else to suggest.
  • Options
    heaven7ntheaven7nt Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Thanks so much :) I'll try all the things you suggested!

I feel like a noob asking this but what is a mod exactly? lol.

And a copy of my sim is actually in my family inventory..it's just a shame that I have to start all over after doing so much :/
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    heaven7nt wrote:
    Thanks so much :) I'll try all the things you suggested!

I feel like a noob asking this but what is a mod exactly? lol.

And a copy of my sim is actually in my family inventory..it's just a shame that I have to start all over after doing so much :/

A mod is something that alters the game in some way (I'm fairly sure "mod" comes from shortening "modification" but I could be wrong). Usually it's made by someone other than the creator of the game and it can be anything from changing the appearance of the interface to turning a Strategy game into a First Person Shooter. It's not likely that you'd have any without knowing about it (unless someone else that uses the game installed them).

When you export sims they keep their inventory, skills, adventure progress and most other things so that is the preferred option when possible but if you have a copy from when they started at least you don't lose them altogether (you could even see it as a "what if?" scenario where their life takes a different path).
  • Options
    LdyLove167LdyLove167 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2010
    heaven7nt wrote:
    I decided to send my sim on a trip to Egypt because she needed to complete 2 different opportunities. It was my first time sending my sim away so I was only able to go for 3 days. After the 3 days expired I was sent home and everything was fine (She was gardening and her husband had just returned from work). I saved the game and quit. When I relaunched the game my sim was GONE! Her picture is missing from the left corner and I can only control her husband...I figured that if I let the husband sleep then my sim would return. THE HUSBAND CAN'T EVEN GO TO BED!! He gets in bed and jumps right out. So now I have TWO issues!! PLEASE HELP ME! I WANT MY SIM BACK!! :/

I have the exact same problem - but it was the adult parents who left a teen and 2 kids for a mini vacation in France. I only have a blank spot for the father (mother's totally gone) and all 3 kids pop out of bed after maybe 30 seconds of sleep (in fast mode). This is so aggravating!
  • Options
    VikklePickleVikklePickle Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    I have the same problem ): havent got it sorter yet. My sim went to egypt but time wasnt moving after 4 days it still said he had 3 days left and that was the first time him traveling to another country!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    LdyLove167 wrote:
    I have the exact same problem - but it was the adult parents who left a teen and 2 kids for a mini vacation in France. I only have a blank spot for the father (mother's totally gone) and all 3 kids pop out of bed after maybe 30 seconds of sleep (in fast mode). This is so aggravating!

Did you try moving house or evicting the family and placing them back using Edit Town mode?
    I have the same problem ): havent got it sorter yet. My sim went to egypt but time wasnt moving after 4 days it still said he had 3 days left and that was the first time him traveling to another country!

You could try using the "Return Home" option on the phone, it probably wont work though. Your best bet is to get to a backup save from before you left, if you don't have a save at the home neighbourhood then you might not be able to fix the problem. If you do manage to get back to the home neighbourhood then the advice in the thread linked above could help.

If you start a new game and travel immediately do you encounter the same problem?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I once had this happen on The Sims 2. I was playing with a few young adults.

Then... One day... One of my Sims was relaxing on the couch, and WHOOM, he was gone! I actually saw him FALL into it!

After that, every night, he would come as a red, angry, ghost. He frightened the rest of my sims to DEATH!

That's when I got bored and decided to drown a family in a swimming pool... :)

• Options
    ZignewtZignewt Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2010
    My sim returned from his first vacation to China to find his wife saying something like "How lame, you got rid of the shower, now the neighbors won't trust you" and their baby missing. The baby is no longer showing as a character in the game and no interactions with the crib, but is showing alive in their family tree.
  • Options
    LalasaLalasa Posts: 123
    edited July 2010
    Zignewt wrote:
    My sim returned from his first vacation to China to find his wife saying something like "How lame, you got rid of the shower, now the neighbors won't trust you" and their baby missing. The baby is no longer showing as a character in the game and no interactions with the crib, but is showing alive in their family tree.
    Was the shower part of an opportunity? My adult female sim went on an 11 day vacation to China, when she came back her robot aunt disappeared! I can control the bot but can't see her, and other people can't talk to her. Whenever she interacts with something, it scoots on the ground, upsidedown!! I have decided to starve her. Any other tips?
  • Options
    luckwisherluckwisher Posts: 45 Member
    edited July 2010
    I have had this happen with a baby sim, My sim got pregnant when she went to china she came back and had the baby a few days later I decided to send her to china again to get my visa up and when she came home she was pregnant again "no clue how this happened" and her baby was gone but still in the family tree and in her relationship panels. Never got the first baby back. Just went on with the 2ed baby but was annoyed.
  • Options
    ZignewtZignewt Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I was able to get my baby back by (as was suggested earlier in this thread) changing my active family to another family and then back again. I still don't get what was up with that getting rid of the shower comment though. Such a random thing.
  • Options
    LauraJClaptonLauraJClapton Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    This Happend To Me
    ISent my sim to France,Champs Le Sims,She met a boy and got married,Blah Blah Blah,They woo'ed and then i had her sent home,she found out she was pregnant,blah blah blah,Then she gave birth to triplets,So A Tip,If u want triplets,Conceive the baby in france,ANYWAY,ISent my sim back to france when the child was a toddler,when i returned home,The toddler was gone!,She was still in my relationships panel and family tree,IHonestly dont know what happend,IWas just gonna adopt a new baby,IWas Devastated,But Now I've read the other replys,Im gonna try them and see if it works,Btw,Its My Sims 6th Time Going To France x
  • Options
    LauraJClaptonLauraJClapton Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    SHES BACK!!
    It Turns Out She Moved In With The Babysitter,That Idiot,Stealing My Baby...Well,IGot Her Back,heh,Bai x
  • Options
    obeyelisiaobeyelisia Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2013
    My problem is almost the same. So my female sim gave birth to twin girls, and then a few days later, she and her husband traveled to France for 9 Sim days. When they returned, one of the twins was missing! But, she is still in the Relationships/Household "tab." She is also still on the family tree. I contacted an EA Advisor, but they couldn't help me...I don't know what to do.... :(