The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Distant Terrain?

mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
What is it, how is it used, how do you position it correctly?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers :)

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2010
    The DT is what you see in the background of Sunset Valley. It blocks your view of the water on two sides of the world, making it appear as though the land continues on. It is a very large object, and can be difficult or tricky to place. In the Beta Walk through on the fifth page down are the x,y,z, coordinates to help you place it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ahh very cool- thank you :)

Can you place two of them - on opposite corners?

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've always thought in theory you could, but I have never tried it myself. If you do it, post some pics so we can see! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok, one more question ... I only have the DT for France, China and Egypt. Is there DT for Twinbrook, Rivervale and Sunset Valley available anywhere?

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There is one for Sunset Valley, and Twinbrooks, but not for Riverview. The names for the other two are phrased differently, and I can't remember what they are. just look around and you'll find them.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wonder if there is any way to construct your own distant terrain. I'm sure it takes more talent and a better graphics program than I have to do it LOL!

I'll see if I can find the others tomorrow. I kind of got an idea while I was messing around w/ the China one. Perhaps the France would work for the 'hood I'm doing now too. Kind of makes it so you can do a bigger world, dosn't it?

Ah well, like i said - tomorrow. Falling asleep where I sit now so it's time to toddle off to bed :p

Thanks for your help, Auntie :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Someone on MTS is working on distant terrains. So far they have a city landscape but it is only placable on a lot not in CAW
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey, if it's any help I'm using two Distant Terrain's for my world.
    They don't actually sit perfectly flush, but it has helped me make the world seem landlocked.
    I'm going to stop the camera getting too close to try and hide the odd bits as much as I can anyway.

I'll post some pics in a bit, tell me what you think - I could probably do with a second opinion.

Gaz
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've used two of the Twinbrook DT's for my new world in progress and it looks pretty good. I am not ready to load it up yet, but I'll take and post screen shots when I do.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I dd not like it so Im thinking of just making high mountains on the map edge that's straight and restrict Camera movement from going past them? The latter seems easier as the distant terrain textures might not fit in with the world your making.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you will be able to see over the mountains to the edge of the world unless you go a whole two chunk boundary boxes in.

God Bless,
    mik