Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, items stuck in my family inventory

I bought two cars and have been using them for a while. My elder characters died and they were passed onto my children and I assigned them as their main cars. Then one day I was playing and I realised I only had one car. I looked in my inventory and it wasn't there, then I looked in my family inventory and it was there. I can not select the car so I can not get it out. Now both of my cars are stuck in there and I can not get either of them out. Normally when something is in your family inventory you click it and it goes white around the border of the picture, but the cars don't. It's really annoying me and I don't know what to do. I can't even click them to sell them. They won't move!

Anyone know what I can do? Unfortunately I think I'm just going to have to live with them in there but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone could possibly help.

Thanks in advance!
-xx-

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    do you have an architect with an unfinisher remodel?
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    donna_1988donna_1988 Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    Call me stupid but I have no idea what you mean....
    If it has something to do with my sims job's then one's an architect?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    diech6diech6 Posts: 1,153
    edited July 2010
    I went to the Grady junkyard and picked up a furniture and i couln't get it out ;(
  • Options
    donna_1988donna_1988 Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    Can anyone help??
    -xx-
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    If you are in the architect profession and ahve an unfinished remodel, your family inventory is locked until you finish it and, yuoe car is proabably in there.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    MRoss18451MRoss18451 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I had this problem, the car was stuck in the family inventory and I couldn't get it. I had one of the family members travel to France and buy a wine machine. When he reurned home all items in the inventory were then available. :-) Possible fix until patch can fix it better.