Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCs can't enter my house?

I hired a maid and they always show up to my house but they never go inside it. This gets nothing done and then they just leave. I hired a repairman because the computer broke, and the same thing happened. They just stand in front of the house and won't enter it. The doors aren't locked. I don't understand what's wrong.

Also, my sims won't do anything on their own. They just stand there, and free will is on high. I don't know if this is related.. but what's wrong with my game?

Comments

• Options
    flyghingflyghing Posts: 40 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Nobody?
  • Options
    Leti_DLeti_D Posts: 94 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Bump b/c I'm having the same problem :(
  • Options
    flyghingflyghing Posts: 40 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Bump again~
  • Options
    MyDarklingMyDarkling Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2010
    bump, I have this problem too
  • Options
    Saffron_SerietSaffron_Seriet Posts: 161
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you forgot to invite them inside?... Just sayin'....
  • Options
    GenaeveGenaeve Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2010
    Is the front door locked? I've done that before myself.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    Is the paper delived near your front door? If not click on the door and set it as the front door. I've had sims be confused as to where the front door was and had to do that to set them right.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    KeriJoy1973KeriJoy1973 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Having the same problem. I thought the maid wasn't showing up at all, at first and then I happened to catch one showing up, standing for a couple of seconds and then disappearing again.

So, still no fix?
  • Options
    k0l13k0l13 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Happening to me too.
  • Options
    vanericavanerica Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    bump. i have the same problem and still haven't seen a fix.
  • Options
    GlorwenGlorwen Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2010
    bump.

wow, same here. it's been a long time since a game was so buggy. first, my sims were always in a bad mood because the Fully Rested moodlet was defective. Now their house is a mess because repairmen, maids, and butlers can't enter the lot my family lives on. NPCs appear for a few seconds on the sidewalk outside of the house, then they run away. Worst of all, I still have to pay them, even though they didn't do any work!
  • Options
    AnonAmusLoserAnonAmusLoser Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2010
    i'm going to say either your doors to the house are locked or blocked. either of those will not let sims into your house. maybe try replacing the doors and see what happens
  • Options
    waterlily1072waterlily1072 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Well when I first installed LN my butler came just fine but now many come to the edge of the lot and try again and again to enter the elevator to come up to my apartment but can't. Other sims come and go, but not the butler. Door is not locked, nor is it blocked. Neither is the elevator.

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    YGoody88YGoody88 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Well when I first installed LN my butler came just fine but now many come to the edge of the lot and try again and again to enter the elevator to come up to my apartment but can't. Other sims come and go, but not the butler. Door is not locked, nor is it blocked. Neither is the elevator.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, this is what happened to me when I installed NL, everything worked fine at first, but then all of a sudden the maid and the repairman wouldn’t enter the house. They show up but then disappear as soon as they get to the front door. Their car still stays outside the house and I still get charged.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    Firstly check you door isnt locked so only one sim can use it. I had this happen to me but it was way before LN came out so its not one of the LN patch glitches. I think it was with WA. So you need to check that you have all the updates and patches back from then. Hopefully i have been of some help.

Now do you like the Bourne Movies, Well my Avatar today is Matt Damon.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    waterlily1072waterlily1072 Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    No the doors aren't locked at all. I even replaced the doors and the elevator on the test in an apartment. I ignored the accumulating butlers for a while but after a few days I had butlers everywhere outside my lot trying to get in and dying. I tried resetting them but there were too many and I couldn't find them all because they had started to spread throughout the town.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2011
    I have had the same problem since LN. I always set the door I want to be the front door, but the repairman and the maid will not enter, they just stay on the porch. Then my sim is charged. At a time, the babysitter would do that too, but lately they have come inside and begin working.

I thought I had to watch them when they arrived, but that didn't make a difference. Those NPC's still stay on the porch.

Glad someone posted this.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    YGoody88YGoody88 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I replaced my front door (used a completely different style) and celebrity gate, took out a WA mod I had and everything seems to be working ok. The maid came in and worked, so did the repairman.

Also, I didn't set anything as 'front door', just used the default settings.
  • Options
    RaeElleRaeElle Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm also having this problem and it's very annoying!
    NPC's arrive to my house but don't enter it and then leave and get paid!
    The same thing happens with the Butler. I hire one and they come to the house but then leave and I can't fire them.
    I think it's a LN bug, however, NPCs were working fine for a little while and this problem just suddenly occurred for me.
    :(
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2011
    If you're in an apartment, make sure there are no sims stuck in the elevator, using the resetsim cheat will work to unstick them.
  • Options
    Laura82cLaura82c Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    The same thing happen to me :(
  • Options
    TimWatson224TimWatson224 Posts: 442 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Same with the Sims not doing anything. In my other game with a smaller house and nothing to do they always find something to do like read, watch TV. But in my main family they don't.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    have you tried to move your sim out and then move them back in?, this usually works for me, but try it anyways, or you have to move else where, it maybe a glitch in the game, like moving my family into a pre-made home done by EA themselves, and the first flooring is liquid sand, they fall thru the floor, so I moved out my sims out of the house, and then moved them back in, and there's no liquid sand on the top floor, my sims didn't sink down to the ground floor, so maybe move them out and move them back in, might reset this problem. Hope this has helped:)