Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is My ELDER too old ??

I've been playing SIMS 3, since it came out last year. My 'legacy' is that 11 months has been with one household(though I've moved back and forth from Riverview, Sunset V, and Twinsbrook- now in SunS Valley)-Anyways, I've got an Elder who is 1,021 days old. He did talk to the Grim Reaper before, but only as an aquaintance.I'm actually wondering if I have a 'bug'/glitch. How old have some of your Elders aged ? Thanks, CK

Comments

• Options
    gymnasticsfreakgymnasticsfreak Posts: 1,780
    edited July 2010
    What lifespan setting are you playing on?

The default is average 100 days...
  • Options
    JasminMoonJasminMoon Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm playing Epic Lifespan, which is 'listed' as 960 days, under game options.
  • Options
    LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited July 2010
    If you're on epic, that's probably not too old.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited July 2010
    I played a game with long life span which is 190 days and I had a sim live to 256,so I don't think your sim is too old.
  • Options
    michelou1michelou1 Posts: 158 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Your sim can live a lot longer than the lifespan number if they do things like work out or are vegitarian. I think there are more things that can affect longevity, but I don't remember them right now. Sorry.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2010
    I play on 190 days, and Jamie Jolina is an elder now, around 313 days old, and still alive and kickin'. (But I do think that's too long, imho. Will you please die, Jamie, die already?!) :twisted:
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    I played a game with long life span which is 190 days and I had a sim live to 256,so I don't think your sim is too old.

i play on that life span but my sim got to 194 then grim came for her can't seem to get passed 195 days one of my sims is vegitarian and has maxed out fitness but still only lasted 194 days since i have had new patch they have not lived as long but luckily she had a death flower and is back to bringing again, guess it just depends on grim reaper really.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    My epics have gone as old as 1300, vegetarian, athletic, fit, happy, etc... they live a LONG time.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    hollyblue91hollyblue91 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2010
    My current heiress is 110 on the avg lifespan, I thought she wasg etting too old too lol, her husband lived til 104.
  • Options
    A4L100A4L100 Posts: 3,520 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I turn aging off at the beginning then turn it back on when the kids turn into kids. <w< I play on epic when it's off, then I set it to long. I have yet to deal with an elder because I have commitment issues with my families :lol:. I don't thik it's too old. If you feel they are, there's always the room of death. <.<
  • Options
    pyrannapyranna Posts: 479
    edited July 2010
    I got the magic wand mod and my sim can send sims to their early demise :) or bless them with long life. muahahaha
  • Options
    ToppenzapToppenzap Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I doubt it's a glitch. Your sim is just unusually old, but nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    JbudnJbudn Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I've had a sim live to 307 or so on a 190 day lifespan. Did the jogging reward and he was a vegetarian so that could've did it...then again his wife was the same and only lived to 205 or so. He actually outlived 5 of his children and lived to see his grandchildren become elders. Also lived to have a great-great grandchild. I play with lots of mods so that may have posed an issue.
  • Options
    adsimmons86adsimmons86 Posts: 17
    edited July 2010
    Ok I was wondering if my Sim was getting too old, he is 202 using the long life span... He is not a vegetarian and does not have the marathon runner, guess i'm just going to have him repair the dishwasher without mopping the water first but he has already been electrocuted!!!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2010
    One of my Sims turned 264 on a long (190 day) lifespan. His first wife was waaay older than he - she died at 195 days when he had just turned elder a few days earlier.

So he went to live with his daughter, then married his daughter's maid and had three more kids with her. These kids were younger than his daughter's kids, so the family tree is getting kind of convoluted, but it was a lot of fun to play.
    I was actually sad when he died... I'd gotten used to him. :)