Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

METEORS!!!!!!

So I've been trying yo get my sim hit by a meteor for a LONG time now. I have him look through the telescope outside every moment he can and hr even sleeps outside. I heard that all you have to do to get it is be outside, but it's been a few weeks and so far nothing!!! I'm getting a tad irritated and just wondered if people have any tips! Anything would be helpful, thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Jennie7168Jennie7168 Posts: 275
    edited July 2010
    I dont really have any tips, but looking through the telescope doesnt increase your chances and the meteors are totally random. They can even hit you inside rabbit holes. Theres a mod to increase the chances of getting a meteor, but I dont know what it is.
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited July 2010
    If meteors were easy to get hit by in TS3 it would get annoying, imagine all the deaths by meteors lol. It would make an interesting sci-fi story though. My only advice is be patient, unless you want to use some sort of cheat.
  • Options
    codo001codo001 Posts: 252 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Jennie7168 wrote:
    I dont really have any tips, but looking through the telescope doesnt increase your chances and the meteors are totally random. They can even hit you inside rabbit holes. Theres a mod to increase the chances of getting a meteor, but I dont know what it is.
    I'm not a huge fan of mods, but i did hear that looking in a telescope helps some what, but thanks anyways
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    anyone else? please?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    please?!?
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2010
    Just keep waiting, maybe camp out in the park or something.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited July 2010
    best bet would be to get the mod from modthesims even if you dont like them, if you have been waiting THAT long thats no good.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited July 2010
    i have read in some forum that they come more in the scrap yards not sure if this is true or not, there isa mod that works via a telescope sorta instant thing on one of the mods sites. i had my first meteor death while my elder was fishing in riverview no mods just normal game play not somthing i want again i had there house fireprof and everything i guess ones that want them are waiting and ones that don't are the unlucky ones.he retired as a mad scientist at the top of the career, not sure if that had anyhing to do with it or not maybe increased his chances.
  • Options
    Alexurt1Alexurt1 Posts: 3,328 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I was waiting so long for a meteor...and then when I took my sim to Egypt... BOOOM! meteor death...luckily she had a death flower...but I few others didnt survive
  • Options
    MilanGajjarMilanGajjar Posts: 73 New Member
    edited July 2010
    can someone please help, because i've been having the exact same problem :(