Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated today - now I crash

The good news, I can now once again download things I purchased from the store. The bad news - the whole game crashes during the final part of start up.

I'm running on an iMac with 2.8Ghz and OS X 10.6.4. Anyone else having troubled? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    butbrightlylitbutbrightlylit Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the same problem! I was happy to see I could finally download from the store again, but now I can't even play! I'm able to choose a game to load, but right towards the end of loading, the whole game crashes. Not happy :(
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, to hear about your problems! Would you mind posting your System Information?

- Go to your Finder > Type in 'System Profiler'.
    - Load the System Profiler application.
    - Go to File > Save As... > Change the File Format to Rich Text Format (RTF).
    - Save the .RTF file containing your computer's information.

You then want to copy the contents of the RTF file and paste it into your post.
  • Options
    mbrekmbrek Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac11,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 8 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
    Boot ROM Version: IM111.0034.B02
    SMC Version (system): 1.54f36
    Serial Number (system): QP0080985RU
    Hardware UUID: 1F711063-20B8-5C83-8343-B2C318EF45F0

Is this what you need?
  • Options
    BurningRadioBurningRadio Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Same here. :(

Um, how much of the System Profile information do you want, because I have A LOT!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2010
    Same here with my latest save games. They don't actually crash during load up, they just get stuck with the bar at 98% and the game tips/hints keep going, and going, and going... Longest I've had it 'loading' was a little over an hour.

Model Identifier: iMac9,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
    SMC Version (system): 1.37f3

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130
    Type: Display
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 512 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x062e
    Revision ID: 0x00a1
    ROM Revision: 3370
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The most important information is the CPU and GPU data. (Processor Name and Chipset Model)

One thing that may be worth a try is going to the "Installed Content" tab and there will be a tick box that allows you to run the game without custom content. Try clicking that box to see if that will rule out some potentially corrupt custom content.
  • Options
    SpikieSnowSpikieSnow Posts: 11
    edited July 2010
    I m suffering with the same problem...it just stop and the game auto shut down while it was loading after the pick the save game.....PLEASE HELP !
    It was good until I updated the game to 4.2.32.007001 2 hrs ago.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x9488
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-B8030F-260
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.383

Model Identifier: iMac10,1
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00

• Options
    mbrekmbrek Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    I've tried running without any custom content - with the exact same result. Can a patch be undone?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove an update other than running a fresh install. It would be worth it to try backing up your saves and then running the uninstaller to remove your games. Once everything is completely uninstalled you may want to try allowing the latest update to apply again as that will ensure that you have no corrupt files left over that may be interfering with the game functioning properly.
  • Options
    kaz24557kaz24557 Posts: 10
    edited July 2010
    OK now I'm not sure whether to install the patch or not. Even if I can't excavate or buy from the store at least I can play. I think I'll wait.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My problem was fixed after I deleted the stupid "dressed doll" from the download and the backup file, then I play the game with "run without custom content", and it was s OK last night.
    I will try to play with custom content and see if it goes smooth.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited July 2010
    I usually just remove DCCache and DCBackup and Mods from my game before running an update.

I can actually make new games, my library/bin is intact, but the last saved game is gone and most of the save games I made after installing Ambitions won't load past a certain point.
    Many older ones are still fine, so I think I'll have a go at restoring my towns from there...

• Options
    edited July 2010
    The game now goes smooth...but I would like to know after I selected "without custom content"..now I lost all the download stuff..include the Audi TT...and the Riverview....I tried to uninstall and installed the Riverview again...still didn't exist in the + new game list...anyone can help me ? How can I get all the things back ?
  • Options
    rylanjaninerylanjanine Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    hi, i'm having the same problem. my custom content including things i've bought from ea store are gone. it shows them in launcher but they dont appear in game. its really frustrating and i would be extremely grateful if anyone has any ideas how to get my stuff back
  • Options
    atco473atco473 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm ... I see my Mac is lower spec than most of yours, but I'm having no trouble at all :D

Model Identifier: iMac7,1
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB

The one big difference may be that, after my experiences in breaking TS1 and TS2 with tons of CC, I now run a vanilla game apart from a couple of the free downloads.
  • Options
    mmartinez100mmartinez100 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2010
    hey! same here!! i need help please! :( i installed the lastest update and now during the loading screen it just shuts off the sims 3. everything was working fine, just after i installed the update everything went down hill.
    i've deleted the cahcs files or what ever..and nothing.still shuts down.

i have a macbook pro the unibody kind..its the newest kind but the one right before the i7 things came out..lol sorry dont know much about computers, just know that its a macbook pro :P

but plese let me know if you have any ideas or solutions to this problem!

thanks a bunch!

and try to keep simming lol
  • Options
    annpincusannpincus Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I installed the latest patch (after installing Ambitions) and immediately started crashing to the desktop when trying to install lots with houses. I could place new empty lots but when I tried placing houses, even on existing lots my game would crash. I finally un-installed everything, then re-installed without letting the latest patch install. At least I am back to where I was without the patch.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Who can help me to install the download after I have pick "without custom content" and later play with custom content...but no matter I start a new game...the download seems gone forever from my sims 3...do I have to reinstall the whole game again ?
  • Options
    palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited July 2010
    My game starts up just fine, but crashes to Finder without warning during gameplay. Luckily, I was less than 1 Sim day into play, but I had just customized Sims' new husband's outfit AND conceived their first child. :hunf:

Again, no warning, the game just closes.

Specs:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBook Pro2,1
    Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 3 GB