Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Viper Vally Deprivation challenge world

mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
It is based on the Sims2 Viper Canyon N'hood and so far it's going well. I've made about 6 challenge lots (64x64 residential that will be adjusted to cost right around 13,500 simoleons in game). Fishing is going to be scarce, as are other collectibles like bugs, gems, butterflies and seeds.

Question - in setting a lot for townies only, does that mean ONLY townies can live there? Unless I change the lot type in game, regular played 'toons can't live there, right?

Also - Academy = school, right? Or does it mean Martial Arts Academy and I have to reclassify my school lot as a small park?

I plan to set up the community lots with custom rabbit holes (Jazz's carpets) and as my family clears each bit of the challenge, they can rebuild the lot in game with the official EA rabbit holes.

Thoughts? Advice?

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow, this world is coming together pretty quick. I'm leaving most of the area without residential lots (except for one street full of brownstones for townies to live in.) and I'll place lots later in game for new sims as I add them according to my story line.

I placed all the spawners last night and just have to finish "dressing the world" to be ready to move on to the next phase - setting all the walking paths. Then it's terrain painting, building my community lots and fixing the addresses appropriately within CAW for it to be finished!

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited July 2010
    The academy is something for world adventures, which I don't have. For your school just use visitors allowed I believe.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi, mikitta. :mrgreen:

The Townie lots are for WA vacation lots. You don't have to do that in your Base World.

Sounds like you're having fun and it's coming along fast~ Great. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    atz123atz123 Posts: 1,500 New Member
    edited July 2010
    maybe you should upload pics of your world, i'd love to see it, or have you done that on another thread?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rflong - my "townie lots" are just regular residential lots for my townies to live in. I didn't choose the "townie only" option for them :) I have families all ready to move in to those lots to populate the town.

atz - how do I take screen shots and where do I find them when I have? Do I need to do it with Edit in Game option and then just upload them like any other uploaded content?

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you cant really take screenshots like in the sims 3 game. you have to press print screen for the image you want ( you dont need to go to Edit in game but it would look better if you do) then just paste it into paint to neaten the image, save it. then you upload to an image hosting website (i use tinypic), make sure you resize the image so it doesn't break this thread (if you use tinypic resize it to message board size) . after the upload is done post a reply on this thread click the button on the top the paste the URL of the image you uploaded then press[img]again. then wala you have an image of your world on this thread. :D[/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    How do I print screen?

Just an update - I have all my community lots done, all the paths (there's not many, really, all my trees and other miscellaneous debris placed and all my addresses done. I just need to lay down some terrain paints and Voila! I can't wait to play it :P I hope it plays ....

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    EgmondvonSchitzelEgmondvonSchitzel Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    How to make a screenshot
    You print screen by pressing the highlighted button in my drawing :roll:
    l asdfghjkl;'\ <- De En Pd 456 .l Hurray for replacement
    l zxcvbnm,.?^ . . . ^ . . . . 123 l
    l___________________________l

Go to paint or any drawing program, right click and paste (or go to the edit tab and press the paste button in there)
    A good file for this sort would be a jpeg, so save as a jpeg :-)

Then go to any image uploading site such as photobucket and upload your file.
    Sometimes, like at photobucket, you'll immediately get the forum code.
    If not, try to get to a page with just the image and copy the site name.
    Click the 'Img' button, paste the site name and click the 'Img*' button.

If done, click on preview below to see if it worked :D

Congratulations, you have just posted a screenshot. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I actually have to find that button because I'm on a laptop and my keyboard dosn't look like that :p I see it now, though. Last night I was getting pretty tired. Thank you Egmond for pointing me in the right direction :D

Ok, without further ado ... some screenshots (from inside the game because I loaded it up to test it last night.

ViperValley01.jpg

ViperValley02.jpg

ViperValley06.jpg

ViperValley07.jpg

VperValley06.jpg

VperValley07.jpg

It's barren, it's bleak, many are living in underground bunkers ... :D

God Bless,
    mik

(edit note - deleted the duplicate picture of the rocks)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    :O that does look creepy, this would be a great location to make a cool sims 3 machinima. lol Egmond you broke the thread with the keyboard pic though :lol:
  • Options
    EgmondvonSchitzelEgmondvonSchitzel Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Np and solved :mrgreen:

It looks fine :-)
    I don't know whether the hills/mountains supposed to look like huge sand hills, but maybe you should paint the mountains to look more like mountains :?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks guys :) I have a laundry list of things to tweak to perfect it. I had mentioned earlier that I still need to do terrain paints. I'll be going for a painted desert/south western Wyoming/South Eastern Utah look.

I loaded things up last night to play test it and make sure all the routing worked ok and that all the community lots worked as intended. I've also decided to change that double row of brownstones into fall out bunkers and to lower the cost on my 64x64 lots (I want a real basic furnished purchase price to be $16500 or slightly less.)

The whole neighborhood is for me to play the Apocalypse Challenge such that every one else in the N'hood is suffering along with my sims. Once I get it tweaked up I'll try to upload it to the exchange along with the special residential lots.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mmmm what a difference a day makes! I discovered MASKS!!! My new favorite toy LOL! I did the painting today and tweaked the terrain to it's final state. I've fixed some road and path issues (they were all wonky and I didn't like that.) I took out all my trees and spawners because I was dissatisfied with them too.

Right now, I'm redoing my spawners, making sure I've got just one of everything except for small and medium meteors, of which I've a few of each.

My last few steps are going to be putting in the traffic dressing (lights, signs, road grates and sewer covers), redoing the dead trees and adding some more rocks and things to flesh it out.

I've been working on this for around 9 hours hours today so I'm ready for a break (yeah, I have no life. I'm a stay at home mom desperately avoiding housework :P ).

I'll post some updated pics this evening :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright, as promised - screen shot updates.

ViperValley005.jpg

ViperValley001.jpg

ViperValley004.jpg

SunriseinViperValley.jpg

ViperValley003.jpg

ViperValley006.jpg

ViperValley002.jpg

What do you think?

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member