The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New information on CAW, Ambitions and the DCCache folder issue! Looks like we have a breakthrough!

MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
Hey All!

I wanted to share something that could potentially be very useful.

It happened yesterday after finally installing Ambitions and then the new CAW. I nipped into the normal game to get a look at the new lots and what sorts of things they each had inside, so I restored the DCCache folder so all the objects were available.

Once finished, I closed it down and went back into CAW. It wasn't long before I went into Edit In Game so I could finally furnish my fire house I made months ago.

Now, this is the interesting bit; I clicked the EIG button and selected yes to all the prompts. It was only when the screen went black to load up the Sims that I realised that I hadn't moved the folder!!
I steeled myself for a looooooooong load up time as it always taked the best part of twenty minutes to load up with the folder in place!
BUT.....
It loaded up as though the folder had been removed!
Then even whilst in Edit In Game, it was fine and wasn't laggy or stuttering at all!
Those few times I left the folder in place, it was dreadful and I'd have to wait ages for it to catch-up. This time was different! And I can carry on building as I would during the full game!

I thought I'd share this with you all to find out if this is just a one-off, or if anyone else has noticed this?
Do you think that they've re-coded (I think that's the right word) CAW to work better with store-bought and CC?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Gaz :)

Comments

• Options
    RachelChereeRachelCheree Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ohh good on you! I really like the sound of this. I haven't yet, but that's because I'm not allowed to download the new CAW til morning because I have to use bonus time; we only get 2GB a month. Anyway, that was the hardest part of CAW, especially when it crashed and work was lost, the fact that it took so freaking long to load the EIG mode.

Fabulous find!!

• Options
    kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yep I have, I was shocked how fast it was. I thought I would have at least a 10 minute wait, but nope took less than a minute to load.

I almost totally quit using CAW due to all the lagging issues, I hated removing the DCCache because I would always forget to put it back when I went to play the game, and then all my store stuff would have to be re-downloaded again.

• Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey, me again!

I've just come out of EIG and back into normal CAW - and guess what?
    It recognises the store objects and the cc objects!
    So I can see the church I built with the Castle Kits set items from the store showing!

As you can see below:
    CAWScreenshot.jpg

Though this isn't world shattering stuff - it's made me quite happy! Now my world looks like it should!

Thanks for adding this feature EA!!

Gaz :)
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2010
    That sounds really great MadGaz. I'm excited about the store content, although I likely won't add any while I'm building, since I plan to share it. For myself though, it will be a great improvement. Thanks for sharing this and...thanks EA :)
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for relaying this info MadGaz, this is indeed good news. No more having to replace all the lots in your world that are blighted by default items in every new game you start. Loading EIG with my DCCache folder intact is just as speedy as without it now. Cool!