Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher Reading Version 0.0.0.0 and... Reboot your machine?

When having this problem, step 2 tells you to 'reboot your machine'. What does that mean? How do I do that?

Comments

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    gerbenlegacygerbenlegacy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Oh, well I did that and it didn't work. :cry: I'll try again...

Thx!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yup didn't work. Every time I click the Ambitions button on my desktop, it says a link is missing and I need to search Sims3Launcher.exe manually. I can't find that file, but I can find Sims3Launcher.ex_ and Sims3Launcher.exe.config, but when I click on either one of them, nothing happens.

I'm getting so frustrated :cry:
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I don't use mods, sorry. If I just put all my save files and stuff on a USB, and then reinstall the game and all its ep and patches, can I just put the files from the USB back into the right folders and then continue to play properly?
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi,

In order for us to provide better assistance, can you include the following information please?

• Products installed
    - Base Game
    - World Adventures
    - High-End Loft Stuff
    - Ambitions

• Version of each product which can be found by opening the skuversion.txt file
    - These are located in the corresponding folder for Base Game and/or Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    - The important information to include in your post is the first line of the Text document that reads: Gameversion = 1.12.70.006001
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wait, I think I'm confusing everybody for no reason. I haven't had a launcher ever since I installed ambitions. No, I don't have the Launcher reading version 0.0.0.0 problem, sorry for the confusion :oops:

That said, I'm simply wondering what would happen if I uninstall and then reinstall my game: Do I lose my households? If so, how can I back them up? Because I have a family that has completed all relic collections, and I do not want to play WA all over again, it's only fun once.