Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

should they bring back colds etc?

Do you think they should bring back sims getting sick? Although it used to annoy me at times, I kind of miss it, and I think it would be interesting for the doctor career. Any thoughts? Does anyone know why they removed illness from TS3?

Comments

• Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited July 2010
    yea, colds and flu, i mean our sims already choke and sneeze, so why cant they get sick?

i wouldnt be surprised if they brought that along with a weather ep.
  • Options
    Faris447Faris447 Posts: 25
    edited July 2010
    It was sort of pointless. It would make sense if we had weathewr like in TS2, but really how would sims even get sick?They even removed flies from the game.
  • Options
    NavekNavek Posts: 2,038
    edited July 2010
    yea.... bring back the hamster.....
  • Options
    MungyMungy Posts: 222
    edited July 2010
    I think they should bring back the flies too. I think sims getting sick would add to the doctors career. I think it also makes it a bit more realistic, and it's up to you if you keep your sim in quarantine and if you helped them get better, or let them die from their illness.
  • Options
    SweetCatastropheSweetCatastrophe Posts: 207 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I miss the hamster. I think in TS3 sims could have a choice of staying home and drinking liquids to help feel better like in the past, or could go to the hospital for a fee and get better faster, and maybe be able to get other sims sick if they kiss them or something
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2010
    they should definately bring it back, now that we have doctors its finaly got a purpose. just make it a bit less contagious
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited July 2010
    Good grief, yes. Anything to add some challenge to the mix. I consistently feel as though my Sims are indestructible god-like beings who have good fortune thrown at them. Make them sick, make me, as a player, have to DO something to care for them.
  • Options
    MungyMungy Posts: 222
    edited July 2010
    I think in TS3 sims could have a choice of staying home and drinking liquids to help feel better like in the past, or could go to the hospital for a fee and get better faster, and maybe be able to get other sims sick if they kiss them or something

Ooooooooooh, Good idea :D
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited July 2010
    I think they should have colds and flu. Nobody goes through their whole life without them. Why should our sims? It's a bit like the laundry. Perhaps added as an optional extra.
  • Options
    Drak_AngelDrak_Angel Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2010
    Zeri wrote:
    they should definately bring it back, now that we have doctors its finaly got a purpose. just make it a bit less contagious

i know right... Sims in S2 were always sick because if one Sim was sick it wasn't long before the townies were sick and if the townies were sick it wasn't long before you had a cold and flu epidemic on your hands... :lol:
  • Options
    MissJennaKateMissJennaKate Posts: 10,778 New Member
    edited July 2010
    yes!
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2010
    I want them back too. We have the hospital now, and doc is already more intresting with ambitions. And if other simmers said they add it to a seasons ep , even better!
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited July 2010
    It would really add to the doctor career. I think it would be cool if there were different types of illness with different severity levels. For example, it would be okay if one little simmie had a cold, because they could just need to take some medicine. If that one little simmie had the flu they would need to rest and stay home so other simmies of the neighborhood don't get sick. However, if there was some weird virus going around it could turn into an epidemic and we would need to take action and try to control it. This would definitely add more of a challenge for us. I like it. :D

They could always just turn it into an optional thing so that the people who don't want to have to deal with it don't have to.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited July 2010
    Faris447 wrote:
    It was sort of pointless. It would make sense if we had weathewr like in TS2, but really how would sims even get sick?They even removed flies from the game.

ummm, anyone can get sick without weather...

I would like to see sickness come back.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    RANCIDRANCID Posts: 500 New Member
    edited July 2010
    NO! I hated the cold. My Sims always seemed to be sick in the Sims 2, it was such a pain.
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I just thought of something else... even if EA didn't make illness optional, they could always make a "never sick" lifetime reward.
  • Options
    pixpumirapixpumira Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited July 2010
    Uh oh. I killed all the doctors. Try that in a town.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2010
    Zeri wrote:

I agree with Zeri It really would add alot to the medical career because the doctors could make housecalls or you'd have to go to the hospital to get medicine to feel better but I dont think it should be as contagious. That use to annoy me in TS2 how fast it would spread and such it should be more controlled.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I agree, I want them back, plus it would add a new death to the game! XD
  • Options
    ashleesim85ashleesim85 Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you guys, and your suggestions are definately worth looking into. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a seasons/weather EP, yes it has been done before, but not for the Sims 3! The amazing effects and consequences for our simmies would be mind boggling! Oh how I hope the next EP has weather. It is the one thing making the game a little too 'perfect'.
  • Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, and I apologize in advance if it upsets anyone, but...

I would not only like to see sickness come back, but I'd like to have an option for terminal diseases, handicaps and inherited disorders. There are a lot of people who would argue that they use The Sims to escape from reality, and that's perfectly understandable, but I would like to see MORE reality. The game is simply too easy... there are no uncertanties, no tragedy, no challenges with dire outcomes. As long as you keep your Sim fed (and it's so easy to do... you can go to the bistro or diner and eat for free for the rest of your life for only 5000 experience points and those are earned by the time your Sim becomes a teenager), don't set them on fire and give them adequate rest, your Sim will live a long, full life. OK, there is the occasional falling satellite, but REALLY? Must life really be THIS easy? Your Sim can't even freeze to death, because there's no cold weather - they don't even need permanent shelter!

I would like to have options (that could be turned on or off, for those players who want to keep things as they are) for random chances of fatal diseases, handicaps (physical and mental) and genetic disorders to affect your Sims. The chance would not have to be very high - maybe 5% for each Sim across the board. It would definitely make things more interesting and would be an incentive for you (as your Sim) to live life to the fullest.

Why can't we make things more difficult at the player's choosing? Why must everything be handed to us? I don't like the fact that valuable jewels and minerals are liberally scattered all over town, that time machines can be purchased for 1000 Simoleans at the local consignment shop (or made with a little practice and some scrap metal) and that tombs are not only filled with tons of valuable goods (and always replenished) but are pointed out to you on the map and are easily accessible with just a push of a statue and the clearing of a bit of rubble. I want to WORK for my goodies!

(Yes... feel free to say, "If you don't like the game, don't play it.". I'm prepared for that.)
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hmm, handicaps, and terminal/mental illnesses, that would be interesting, and if they added mental disorders I could create a more accurate me, (I'm schizophrenic and bipolar) but then again that's kind of what the "insane" trait is for. XD But some things would be hard to integrate, like wheel-chair bound sims doing anything.
  • Options
    Simmer911Simmer911 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Drak_Angel wrote:
    Zeri wrote:

i know right... Sims in S2 were always sick because if one Sim was sick it wasn't long before the townies were sick and if the townies were sick it wasn't long before you had a cold and flu epidemic on your hands... :lol:

An epidemic would be nice in Sims 3...Very nice...That would be very hard to cure, and the doctor would make a lot of money ( if he/she isn't already sick :twisted: )