Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem in my game (can't enter household)

I had just made a new sim in my neighborhood and after I came out of CAS I went to move her into a house. That worked, but then when I went to click the tick to enter the house with her it looks like it's clicked but it doesn't put me into the house.....so then I'm left not able to do anything on the neighborhood screen except go to the menu or just quit altogether.

I tried going to the menu and trying again but everytime I try it (even with a different family) I can't enter any households. This is really annoying I don't know what to do. :(

I looked at the bug threads but I didn't see anything that looked exactly like what I was talking about...

I hope there's a solution to this...I'm still trying to get into a house but it's failing every time

Comments

• Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2010
    It is a bug that others have experienced. When it's happened to me, the only solution I've found that works is to quit the game and restart it.
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ok I'm trying that now, Since I made the post I read somewhere that EA have acknowledged the bug so hopefully a fix will come with the next patch.

Edit: The restarting worked, at least there's a way to solve it but it's quite tedious...I hope it doesn't happen too often
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've only had it once so far and that was when I first started playing in an existing town that I had before I installed Ambitions. I shut the game down, noticed how fragmented my hd was, defragged, restarted the computer and haven't see this glitch since. GOOD LUCK!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    Emoolatte23Emoolatte23 Posts: 108
    edited June 2010
    When that happens, press the button "..." at the bottom on the left. It makes it go.
  • Options
    Skywood7Skywood7 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I dont know if anyone is looking at this thread anymore, but i just got the same problem and i've restarted the game many times and deleted custom content. It still doesnt work. Does anyone know how to make it work?
  • Options
    detroitprincessdetroitprincess Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    It's not the CC I can tell you that now, ever since this 1.55 game update and the new patch, my game has not been able to enter any frikin household! I've removed all mods, all CC and cleaned every corner of my computer and have even uninstalled all EP and the base game itself but no. It refuses to work. Waiting to EA to fix this for almost two weeks now and tomorrow I'm contacting customer support, spent roughly over $300 on store content and EPs and this is what happens? What a disappointment
  • Options
    WenDesignsWenDesigns Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I've just spent all afternoon installing sims3, done all it's updates and retrieve my custom content to finally making a family and everything how I like it and clicked to go in the house hold and it doesn't work... after a while it just crashes all together and leaves it on my desktop till I remove it... feeling ripped off that I wanted to play a game I haven't played in ages and find out that I can't...
    I tried several times, restarted the game n tried different households n all the same result :/

Feeling a little ripped off....