Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously... I need major help!!!

I have uninstalled the Sims 3 Ambitions, World Adventures, and core game but i am still having the problem of my sim cannot interact with others or theirselves!

It apparently works fine with World Adventures but with Ambitions added on it doesn't work.

So far I have reinstalled everything twice and have absolutely no ideas of how to fix this. I am stumped!! :?

Has anyone had the same problem or know a solution?
I am getting very frustrated with this right now. I hope it is something that can be solved with a patch or something... *grr ~ rages* :evil:

Comments

• Options
    JericaFaceJericaFace Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried removing and custom content you have, then installing ambitions again?
  • Options
    sunakolllxsunakolllx Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    Yes, but is there a way to be extra sure? Like I dunno... I use the InstallerMonkey thing to install custom content. I am not sure as to how to get rid of custom content with that. I am unsure as to what is causing my problem.
  • Options
    JericaFaceJericaFace Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2010
    Well the way I did it was to remove everything, including going into program files/ Electronic Arts/the sims 3 and deleteing all my custom centent.
    Then my game went back to normal, but it had a different problem to start out with.
    if that doesn't work then I am not sure, I am just suggesting it, I am sure someone could give you better help.
  • Options
    sunakolllxsunakolllx Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for your advice!
  • Options
    YannyRamzYannyRamz Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Where is your custom content installed? Also, you can try this tool from ModTheSims (you have to be registered at the website, most likely to see the page).
    But this will pick up corrupted, empty, or files that are not Sims3package (As they could be sims 2).

I haven't had your problem. The problem I was having, was that my game was running really slow with all this CC I had installed. So what I did was to run that tool, and remove the empty and corrupted content, and now it runs fine.

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited June 2010
    One or more of your mods is outdated and not compatible with Ambitions. If you haven't deleted it all yet a simply solution is just to remove the Resource.cfg from the Program Files - Sims 3\Mods folder in the main game folders. Without Resource.cfg the game doesn't know where to look for mods which has the same affect as deleting them.

Usually what I do is I move my mods to another folder like a Backup folder. I can them put them back one or two at a time to test if they still work while I look for updates for the rest.

Note that Ambitions adds support for an official mods folder under \My Documents\ which you add yourself. The old location still works but mods in the new folder will be scanned by the game and unique scripts or errors should be reported to you.
  • Options
    Emoolatte23Emoolatte23 Posts: 108
    edited June 2010
    All ur sims mite be at a party at the city hall 4 another sim. They don't ever go home and u can't interact with them.
  • Options
    DominoDoomletDominoDoomlet Posts: 117 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I took out all my mods and ran the game without custom content and now instead of being slow and having my sims not be able to interact with eachother It crashes every time I get to the loading screen. And in the main menu it comes up with this thing mods named Kolipokis Magic wand and Flabackis magic being detected. I used to have those mod but I deleted them to the recycling bin and they are no where in the Sims 3 folder. Help?
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2010
    I think you might need to delete all your cache files and did you have your CC in the new mods folder or still in the old packages folder?
  • Options
    lillithleelillithlee Posts: 191 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Keeping the CC mods folder in the program files is known to cause problems, maybe not right away but to be on the save side it is better to put it in My Documents and just do not use the monkey installer.
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited July 2010
    Here's a guide on how to do a CLEAN uninstall of the Sims: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

NB: uninstalling the regular way leaves a lot of files and other bits of code behind.
  • Options
    KiwiLover875KiwiLover875 Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited July 2010
    Actually this had happened to me. I realized I had a old mod in that didnt work for Ambitions. the same gender pregnacy mod... Once I removed that and updated all mods for Ambitions I was good to go.

lol I was like wth? why cant any of my sims click/interact with each other :shock:
    tumblr_nbohhmBjJm1r9tnsko1_1280.png
    >>>>Origin ID : BeeFierce <<<<