Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Ambitions-Firefighter Issues *sigh*

Okay, so I just got the Sims 3 Ambitions! YAY!! But wait-oh no! My game just has to go and mess up!! Just my luck.... :roll:

Ok, so I'm a firefighter, and whenever I put out a fire, the victim keeps screaming like the fire's still there. And I made sure to get rid of every single fire! Then my job experience decreases, I get no money, and I get EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!! Can someone please tell me what to do? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited June 2010
    I noticed the same problem
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    was there a fire on the windows? my sim is a firefighter to and all thw windows caught fire he could not recue sims till he put out those fires i did all on floor easy but windows was hard

did you tell the sim to run to once i put out fires i had to encorage the sim to run
  • Options
    ahleckahleck Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    I put out ALL the fires and saved all the sims and it says I've done neither.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2010
    Then you have missed something. There is a fire and/or a sim on another level, in the yard, garage, wherever.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Zee7smsZee7sms Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have the exact same problem and I have yet to see anything about a fix.
    Though, plenty of other simmers have constantly been telling me that I'm missing something so I spend a good 15 minutes inspecting every window, object, brick, piece of grass, air particle, whatever I can find but NO, nothing.

I've tried multiple sims as well as constantly saving/reloading if it bugs. Nothing works, the firefighter career is completely useless to me. It was also the main career attraction for me.
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2010
    I too had this problem last night after my sim got to fire chief. I did all fires ie windows,doors etc, rescued all the people from rooms and home and still they scream and I did not get the conclusion. So I take it this will be a bug that they need to fix ASAP.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    ahleckahleck Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    my sim just got fired... all the fires were out and the two people I saved were standing outside screaming. I checked over and over again and I even had my sim leave and then go back by clicking on the "respond to large house fire" or whatever because then they will usually automatically go to wherever the fire is and put it out but there was nothing.
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having this problem too.

It was during a big house fire, I checked and checked and double checked and triple checked but there was no fire at all on the lot. I had saved the two sims ok but the list of things to do still said I had to put out a fire when there was no fire left.

The worst part is it was my very first big house fire and if it hadn't gone wrong I would have gotten an A for it....instead I got an F. :(

But it's not just house fires for me, My sim had to deal with a rip in space/time at the science facility and she went in and the bar at the top left filled up, she came out but the music/mission still hadn't ended and I found I could send her in again. So I did but after the bar filled up for the second time the mission still didn't end. So I just gave up and got another F
  • Options
    Emoolatte23Emoolatte23 Posts: 108
    edited June 2010
    Hi. If u changed households and then came back, when u go 2 a fire, it won't check off anything even if u do all the things listed. I had the same problem when my sim married a fire fighter that I made.
  • Options
    volleybri011volleybri011 Posts: 24
    edited June 2010
    I am having a problem too.

I can see the fires and I can put them all out, but everyone that needs to be saved, as well as, the other firefighters at the station are all invisible! So I can't complete anyting, since I can click on the people to save them. Anyone know what to do, or do I have to hope and wait that the next update will fix it?
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2010
    i had this issue to. thay really need to fix it
  • Options
    SimangoSimango Posts: 427 Member
    edited June 2010
    the other firefighters at the station are all invisible!

This happened in my game tonight, except it was some of the "bayless" family that had become invisible. I need to talk to one of them that was invisible for a case (private eye) and if it wasn't for the button you can click that say's "interview" I wouldn't have been able to complete it...
  • Options
    NeurotiskNeurotisk Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hey, it does that to me too. Also, I am having a building emergency at the science facility right as I am writing this, and I send him in there 3 times, he does the stuff, and comes out and it doesn't complete the sequence. Frustrating.
  • Options
    CaOcSimCaOcSim Posts: 715 Member
    edited June 2010
    ok, I put my 2 cents here, I have that problem too, but before when I played Sunset Valley, I played a firefighter, I didn't have this problem, but now I play Twinbrook, THEY NEED TO FIX THIS... :cry:
  • Options
    SimsGalore44SimsGalore44 Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    OMG! I had Justin Kayes (a fellow firefighter) move in with my sim. After that, a small house fire happened so I had the two of my sims handle it. All the fires were put out and no sims needed rescue because it was a small house fire. But the people who owned the house are still flipping out! I had my sims just leave the fire and go home. I was hoping the fire would just give me an F and go away. But its not. The job is still going on and I can't get any more jobs. I even made sure to clean up all the burnt stuff! Please help!!!! :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    Kendra321Kendra321 Posts: 36
    edited January 2011
    I am still having this problem, even after the updates. I got the game yesterday, there were no firefighter issues until she got promoted, now it's happened twice. Is anyone still having this problem?
  • Options
    Kendra321Kendra321 Posts: 36
    edited January 2011
    On my third try, it appears to have fixed itself.. bizarre.