Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town office parties

I made my sim the top career in the ghost hunting, and then made/started playing a new household. There was a party at the city hall 4 her. My new guy tried calling his colleges, but they never could talk, becuz they were always at the party. I couldn't get any of the ppl to go home ever!!! They stayed there all the time and never went home!!! It was so dumb! I had 2 delete the ghost catcher girl so all the ppl would go home.

Comments

• Options
    CaddylingCaddyling Posts: 243 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Delete city hall and then put it back after they've gone home. I think it's only a temporary fix though until a patch comes out. Can't miss those city hall parties.
  • Options
    Emoolatte23Emoolatte23 Posts: 108
    edited June 2010
    I'll try that,thanx. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've had this happen twice. I tried a lot of different things to fix it (not deleting City Hall though, that's an interesting approach). Ultimately, both times I went back to the game I saved right before switching households, thereby losing all the current progress, and played out the ceremony so everyone would go home.

Very annoying. I wish the situation were more predictable so I would know if it's safe to switch households or not. Here's the situations I've had so far:

Stylist lvl 10 - I didn't pay much attention to when the ceremony happened, because I didn't think I needed to. But this is the first time I switched households and got the bug.

Inventor career lvl 10 - Ceremony happened the next day.
    same Sim - Sculptor career lvl 10 - Never happened.
    same Sim - Artist career lvl 10 - Never happened. I waited about a week before switching households.

Firefighter lvl 10 - Ceremony never happened, at least I don't think so. However, a week later the Sim achieved lifetime goal of saving 30 people, during an Earthquake (on Wed). Swapped households, got bug, went back to saved game and played it out. Ceremony happened on a Sat. I still don't know if the ceremony was for lvl 10 (9 days after), or the lifetime achievement or the Earthquake event (3 days after).

I'm now wondering if they always happen on a Saturday after the triggering event. Sunday seems like a good day to swap households anyway. :)