Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Expansion Pack Idea) The Sims 3: School Daze (College + High School!)

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the community but recently, I've gotten an idea for something that would be a great and much needed game to add to The Sims 3 franchise.

Now I know most of you are familiar with University, it's one of my favorite expansion packs and as such, I believe the ability to go to college should be brought back, HOWEVER.. I think it should also include the option to follow your teens throughout HIGH SCHOOL

Here's the possibilities:

- Popularity Meter: When you first enter high school freshman year, you'll be an unknown and an outcast, but by interacting with people you'll become more well known and your popularity meter will increase. However, do something that you'll regret and rumors could be spread about you, or you could be targeted for bullying from other students. All your choices throughout high school affect how people treat you.

- Cliques: Goths, Geeks, Jocks, Dweebs, Nerds, Outcasts, they'll all be present, the more people of a certain clique you talk to, the more assosciated you'll be with that clique.

- Choose your classes: Is your sim Artistic? Sign him/her up for some art classes that'll level up his guitar, painting and writing skills. How about a genius? Sign him/her up for computer classes, mechanics, to boost his tinkering/repair skills. How about athletic? Weight training classes and sports is your cup of tea, your sim might even make the Sunset Valley Llamas Basketball team! Along with Gen Ed. Required classes, the ability to customize your high school experience is in your hands.

- High School Events: Prom, Winter Formal, Homecoming, Battle of the Bands, Football games, they'll be here.

- Consequnce for not going to high school: If you so choose, you can drop your teen out of high school, however, you'll only be able to have part-time jobs.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this idea! So many possibilities!
  • Options
    CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Ieee like this idea. I want some food fights and um, hall monitors with aviator glasses. :3
  • Options
    basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Love this idea! :)
  • Options
    SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I would also love the option for home school, boarding school, and military school / boot camp.
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I like the idea, especially the part about how dropouts can't get full time jobs.

My only recogmendation is to allow elementry school children to participate in school stuff too. Recess would be fun.

Edit: These are the cliques I would include...

Jocks- the athletic kids in school. If your sim becomes a jock, they will have an easier time building their athletic skill. However, their logic development will be hindered.

Populars- the populars will have an easier time making friends. However, they tend to slack off with their school work.

Preps- all the members of the preps are rich kids. However, getting in with the preps will hurt your relationship with the poorer kids.

Greasers- The greasers are master mechanics, always working on their cars. Greasers build their handiness faster, but at looked down apon by the rich kids.

Nerd- the smartest kids in school. The nerd build both their logic and school performance faster than anyone else. However, they have a hard time making friends.

Goths- the goths don't really have much of a special ability. They many dress in all black, and hang around other goths.
  • Options
    LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I love this idea! I think that if it was made, it would be a great way to add home schooling too!
  • Options
    thepagemaster234thepagemaster234 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2010
    There'd be so many possibilities for this, I really hope they consider this.
  • Options
    RoxehroxehRoxehroxeh Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Cool idea. But why does there have to be cliques? I would prefer un-labeled groups, like maybe a group of friends could be one group, another group, etc.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2010
    That idea is awesome
  • Options
    ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2010
    Another thing, maybe instead of just having popularity in high school, if they make pre-teens put it into a "middle school" because popularity was for me more well known in middle school than high school. Also with this make new traits that maybe revolve around cliques that they could be in.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, but I graduated from my highschool a long time ago. I would have no wish to relive those years via my teen age Sims, plus I don't see EA ever opening up the rabbit holes.

I note that the people who favor this idea are in high school or junior high themselves, so I'd have to say that this would be an attempt for them to relive their high school experiences through their Sims, only this time, the player controls the situation.

Am I right?

At any rate, many adults play this game, and I don't think too many of us are willing to go back to high school even in a game. For most of us, high school was a drag. I'm glad those days are long gone behind me, even.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's also complicated enough controlling working adult sims outside of the rabbit holes. I'd rather send my simlet off to school and just have to deal with the random "do this" or "do that" prompts.

I couldn't imagine having a household of eight sims where I have to control every single one of them.
  • Options
    mariakapa86mariakapa86 Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I like school ideas. I hope EA see this topic
  • Options
    Sabby08Sabby08 Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    I really like the idea of the school and they should make an expansion pack about it too.

I have also got some suggestions about new expansion packs as well.

Sport: Children and teenagers can play sport on weekends such as dancing, netball, ballet, soccer and football.etc.

Schools: I reckon there should be more than one school in a neighbourhood and you have to enrol kids into school and they can also change schools. There should be like a popular school and an old school, new school.etc. Toddlers should be able to go to Kindergartens and meet other toddlers.

Pets: You can have household pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, guinue pigs.etc. and also to raise a farm with farm animals where you have to milk cows, feed chickens.etc.

Puppy Play: If they make a expansion pack for pets they should make one with dog parks and schools where they meet new dogs and also learn new tricks. Can also include new toys, Kennels and maybe a pound or a place where they look after dogs when you go on a vacation with no dogs aloud. There should be traits such as friendly, aggressive, slob, messy, obientant and naughty.etc.

Jobs: Children can work by handing out the newspapers.etc. There should be more proffesions such as actor,model,dancer,vet,pilot,baker.etc. You can also start your own buiness. Have more part time jobs such as at a toddler school, a coach for a sport team or at the dog school.

And my last idea is......

Wildlife: You can find new wildlife animals in China,France and Egypt and also in your own town. You can raise animals in your household or as a vet and also help sick animals or injuried animal.

and heres one small idea.....

Ocean: you can swim in the ocean (but sea creatures can come like dophines and sharks .etc. You can hire a boat or even own a boat and take it out into the ocean where you can snorkel and superdive. Suitable for child and above.

And also toddlers should be able to swim in a pool/ocean with floaties and bathing suits.

Hope you like my ideas :D
  • Options
    Ayumi17Ayumi17 Posts: 19
    edited June 2010
    I like ur idea, it is a really nice idea.
  • Options
    Cjones2906Cjones2906 Posts: 26
    edited June 2010
    The whole private schooling idea from sims1 was quite a good idea, but maybe changing the enrollment process so that maybe the child had to have the home interview, dinner etc, and take an exam which they had to pass (obv)...

And along with the whole idea of having different classes, not only should these increase the childs skills in relation to how well they work, but maybe different types of homework and different deadlines for the homework? Say with art, maybe they should have a week to draw/paint a still-life portrait, and with another subjects, eg. maths, have an algebra quiz for the next day?

Maybe incorporating terms into the education career and childrens schooling? This would work especially with boarding schools, where the child could come home for a week; teachers get a week off but paid for it, but could still get a part-time job for the week; and parents could get a paid week off with the children?

• Options
    Aqua98Aqua98 Posts: 514
    edited June 2010
    Cool idea. But why does there have to be cliques? I would prefer un-labeled groups, like maybe a group of friends could be one group, another group, etc.
    I agree with Roxehroxeh-the idea of having cligues is not something that would appeal to me;it seems a very Americanised idea when in reality you have your own group of friends who are ,quite oftern, like all different things. Although I like this idea it would not appeal to adults as much also it would be quite difficult to keep interesting-controlling them in class may be a problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cliques depend on the schools too. At my school we had Jocks, the Preps, The Populars, The Reclusives, The Goths, The Punks, The Thespians (drama club), the Band "geeks", etc.

But everyone got along relatively well ... and oddly. The jocks were one of the least popular groups because our sports teams sucked... Our school was known more for the Drama Club and the Band than anything really.

It all depends on the school.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Adding to what I said before. I think it would be cool, on the first day of school, you can chose how your school is for the sims.

You're given a prompt asking how popular you want these groups to be.

Jock Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)
    Prep Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)
    Goth Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)
    Punk Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)
    Thespians Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)
    Band Popularity 1-5 (1 being the lest and 5 being the most)

If you give every clique a 1, the school is reclusive when it comes cliques and no one hangs out with each.

If you give every clique a 5, the cliques hang out with each other and everyone hangs out.
  • Options
    Dinah41Dinah41 Posts: 12,190
    edited July 2011
    I Love this idea :mrgreen: but there should be a school where you don't see your teen sims. Like a private school or something. Also you should sooo be able to play boarding schools 8)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think this would be better as a stand-alone game since the focus is so much on high school and college. I really don't think it would work as an expansion pack simply because it puts too much emphasis on two stages of life, teenager and young adults. As a stand-alone game, it would be just fine; especially if it allowed players to import their teen and young adult Sims into the main game after they got through high school and college.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!