Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop or EA?

SO, I got my game today and installed it as soon as I got home. Problem is, once it was installed it wouldn't run.
It keeps saying "Sims3Launcher has stopped working; A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." with 2 options of "Debug" and "Close program"
This has happened before with The Sims 2 and Spore on my laptop.
They were working fine though when I first got them, after a while that error kept appearing and soon I couldn't play the games at all.
Does anybody know what this is? I'm sure something's wrong with my laptop but I have no idea what.

EDIT: My laptop is Windows Vista and this afternoon I tried the game on my mum's desktop. She also has vista and the game worked perfectly. Although, she had a very poor processor and it ran SUPPPERRRRR slow. So much that in the end I couldn't take it.

Comments

• Options
    KapsKaps Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Neither, its actually your Operating system. Or at least thats what ive been able to figure out. I have the same problem. Launcher fails.

Go into your sims folder >Game>Bin> then find the sims .exe file. Click the .exe, not the launcher. your game should run fine.
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kaps wrote:
    Neither, its actually your Operating system. Or at least thats what ive been able to figure out. I have the same problem. Launcher fails.

Go into your sims folder >Game>Bin> then find the sims .exe file. Click the .exe, not the launcher. your game should run fine.

I can't seem to find the sims.exe file ;o
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    it should be called TS3

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Kaps wrote:
    it should be called TS3

When I double click it nothing happens.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Let me take a look around for you, I'll post agin in a few minutes if I find anything.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    if the icon isn't working, try hitting the Start button on your desktop, and in the search bar above it, type

C:\Program Files\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe
    (assuming you have the default install location)

If nothing happens still, you may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited June 2009
    You might get more help with this in the Technical Discussions forum :)
  • Options
    CokieRaeCokieRae Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Kaps wrote:

I have Vista and my game works just fine, are you sure its the operating system.

[Im also on a Laptop}
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You might get more help with this in the Technical Discussions forum :)

>.< Yeah, probably. I'll try reinstalling the game first though, and if it still doesn't work, I'll see if anyone in the Technical Discussions forum can help.